Classical Guitar/Guitar Hymns/Guitar Christmas/Instrumental/Vocal
Mark Bodino is a composer/musician of diverse musical styles ranging from classical guitar to folk and alt.-country to rock and various instrumental works. Recordings may accompany and enhance any type of media including film, radio, advertising and more. Recordings include:
- MULTI-LAYERED CLASSICAL GUITAR recorded with multiple layers of nylon, acoustic, 12 string guitar along with additional instrumentation expand the sound while allowing the listener to experience the songs in a new and unique way. Double tracked 12 string guitar on pieces resembles a harpsichord. “I wanted to create something of a ‘pop’ classical recording for everyone to gauge with ”.
- SOLO CLASSICAL GUITAR from Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms Chopin and more. The recordings allow the listener a new “take” on these classic works. Other recordings are also classical guitar standards performed and arranged by Mark Bodino.
- CLASSIC CHRISTMAS GUITAR songs include multiple layers of nylon and acoustic guitar with additional instrumentation to expand the sound and allow the viewer to experience these classics in a different and unique way.
- SOLO GUITAR HYMNS is a culmination of classic hymns that also include some traditional songs and classical works all arranged for solo guitar. There are 33 songs on this project that have been described as calming yet inspirational. Someone recommended I record a project of all hymns since there is such a broad audience and little material as compared to other genres. They were correct! As this has been my second best selling project.
- BROKEN DARLING (BAND) can be described as “Deeper than most rock-harder than most folk”. From track to track the instrumentation is searing, light and expressive, tasteful and melodic. The best description their overall sound may be a melding of the past – Fleetwood Mac meets The Eagles.
- INSTRUMENTAL Some pieces are solo guitar compositions, although most have multi-layered guitar parts with light percussion. The style range various from folk, blue grass to ambient, as pieces range from dark and introspective to light and lively. Other songs may be full band accompanied guitar solos.
Mark Bodino began playing guitar at age 13 and piano at age 18. He also noticed he enjoyed the expressiveness of singing at age 18. Since that time, he has described his love for music as an obsession. Mark has completed a total of 10 Cd projects ranging from classical guitar to original rock, alt. Country and folk-rock style writing. Mark has also recorded a project including solo guitar hymns and original guitar instrumental pieces. His performances have been well-received in a variety of settings; ranging from pubs, bookstores, and coffee houses. Mark currently writes, records and performs with the folk-rock band Broken Darling. The best description their overall sound may be a melding of the past. His style has been described as “deeper than most rock; harder than most folk”.
His classical guitar and original projects have been well received and sold around the world. Guitar works have been included on CD compilations, while original works have been placed in film. Some classical guitar selections are solo instrumental while others include multiple layers of nylon, acoustic, and 12 string guitar along with additional instrumentation expand the sound while allowing the listener to experience the songs in a new and unique way. “I wanted to create something of a ‘pop’ classical recording for everyone to gauge with”.