Cinematic Music Art Pack: Seven compositions for Piano and Strings, Choir, Orchestra, Big Band.
1. Bastet: 3:59 Composed in 2012 on a long sequence of the film director Béla Tarr. Instrumentation: 8 strings + piano (violins, violas, cellos, double-basses). The main theme is lyrical and far-reaching. Entrusted to the solo cello and reinforced by all the strings after a piano thematic intermezzo. The introductive rhythmic movement in 6/8 is a circular dance built on simple harmonies
2. Renaissance Invocation: 2:06 Renaissance Invocation Composed in 2011 on a Lars Von Trier’s movie sequence: 3 a cappella female voices from the Balkans. Suggestive chorale for a movie sequence or for whatever is full of spirituality and purification.
3. Shlomo and the Rabbi: 2:08 Instrumentation composed by strings, a thematic solo violin and a funeral wind ensemble for the entire rhythmic march. Ideal for costume-dramas, historical films, gangster movies, Jewish and Italian ghetto films, mafia movies. Composition commissioned by Tribeca film in 2008, of clear Klezmer mould.
4. Italian Klezmer: 1:33 Composition with a strong rhythmic impact. The instrumentation used is the one of the traditional religious Big Band of southern Italy . A mixture of balkan music, klezmer music and sideshow band. Suitable for a tragic and grotesque comedy. Composed in 2009. Winner of the best soundtrack award at the 48hours film project of Rome.
5. Rose: 1:53 A little string section, a flute and a clarinet for Rose’s breath
6. Infinito: 1:00 Minute Composition for Piano and Orchestra. The structure consists of theme-development-theme. The main theme is entrusted to the piano with the use of a rhythmic counterpoint distributed among woodwinds, celesta and harp. In the following bars, the development articulates with the harmonic support of the strings that gradually trigger legato and espressivo phrases with a rhythmic and intensive piano counterpoint, up to generate the cantabile agogic characterized by a strong late-romantic suggestion. The return of the opening theme in the coda is entrusted to the piano solo that turns the theme from the minor to the major tonality. Commissioned in 2016 for the spot of an Italian brand.
7. Distance: 3:00 Composition for piano and strings. Composed in 2009 on a movie sequence of Pedro Almodóvar. Intense, lyrical and dramatic. For Cinema.