Who out there is having success in the Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi genre?

14 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
HollowOakAudio
says

It seems the authors having the most success are generating it via the corporate/advertising music genre. No doubt that it is a lucrative marketing to be in, what with the amount of businesses now online needing marketing and promotional videos.

As the title says though, I was wondering who out there is getting a lot of sales in the Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi/Etc market?

282 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Collector Level 1
+2 more
BlueLionMusic
says

I’m getting a couple of sales from mine. Sold an extended license for my horror cinematic track. As things are going I could see more steady sales in the future so I’m optimistic :) Wouldn’t say I’m getting a lot of sales from it but I only have a few in those genres uploaded at the moment.

disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio
disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio Recent Posts Threads Started
824 posts
  • Featured Author
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • United States
disabled_Half_Light_SoundStudio
says

I don’t have a lot of horror/thriller/sci-fi tracks here, but I have decided to dedicate more time to making them because on another market I am starting to generate steady sales from horror drones, backgrounds and musical pieces, and that’s even considering that the other market, which shall remained unnamed has 400,000+ Sound effects (I put the background ambiances/drones under sound effects). So it seems there is definitely a lot of traffic for those genres.

91 posts
  • 4 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Author Level 2
  • Exclusive Author
Fourwallsaudio
says

I think item like FX,drones,movements,backgrounds,Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi and etc are more saleble than author music, songs because their could used in movies,TV,games,advertisement and etc.Sorry for my english if I did a mistake.

14 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
HollowOakAudio
says

Great thanks for the replies guys!

So far my main focus has been on the non musical elements of Horror like the Impacts, drones etc…. so its good to know that people are still keen for em. Hope you have some success with new stuff. I’m trying my hand at musical pieces right now and liking where it’s going so will be uploading soon ;-)

41 posts
  • Mo Bro
  • Author Level 4
  • Exclusive Author
  • 5 Years of Membership
+2 more
MusicFolder
says

I think item like FX,drones,movements,backgrounds,Horror/Thriller/Sci-Fi and etc are more saleble than author music, songs because their could used in movies,TV,games,advertisement and etc.Sorry for my english if I did a mistake.

Yes, I think so too!

454 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
+1 more
adammonroe
says

I have one horror track and it is the item that has sold the most!

395 posts
  • 5 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 1
  • Collector Level 1
  • Exclusive Author
COROT-7b
says

I have a few scary and spooky experimental compositions. And almost nobody buys. Or music shit, or horror useless.

Who cares, here’s a collection: http://audiojungle.net/collections/4316596-a-terrible-fear

565 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Featured Item
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
lemega
says

I have one track that falls into this category and it was sold once after is was approved and now collects dust in the archives.

14 posts
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Author Level 3
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
HollowOakAudio
says

Cool, so bit of a mixed bag then. I’m wondering if the more focused on one style an author is, the more likely they’ll sell a wider spread of their portfolio. I’m aiming to stick to the Horror etc style so people will know where to come for particular sounds.

by
by
by
by
by
by