Hey please include the support until value or at least a “has purchased” flag in the comments search api.
This is really important for my SupportHub plugin ( http://codecanyon.net/forums/thread/supporthub/189239 )
Yes this is how pretty much every cookie based affiliate system works. And it’s completely fair.
If an affiliate goes to the effort of introducing a brand new user to Envato then they should be rewarded with a cut.
If it worked based on just a
?ref link then everybody would be injecting hidden iframe scripts into their live demos to seed this cookie into users browsers before purchase, and then Envato wouldn’t make any money because 70% would go to the author for the sale and the other 30% would also go to the author for the fake referral.
Basically the reviewer will have the final say.
Let a buyer run it on localhost. Lots of people develop on localhost ( or other dev domains like http://dev.local or http://10.0.0.1/wordpress/ ) before going live. Also people sometiems have a staging server for testing before going live, like dev.mywebsite.com, where they test plugins before launch.
Just don’t make it too hard or tricky, and you have to give the reviewer a way to test your item without purchasing it as well. And no obfuscated/encrypted code either, that isn’t allowed.
Give the buyer a good reason to want to use the purchase code, provide them with extra features like update notifications if they verify their purchase.
I’ve tried many different types of domain locking/verification methods in the past, basically I don’t care any more, time is better spent creating new updates.
Dave, this sounds amazing! Any chance you could integrate Ticksy into this? I think there’s an API.
Yes I told Ticksy about SupportHub a while ago and they made the API I’ll be integrating it for sure!
Zend and Github issues tracker are also on the cards. Basically anything that people send me “help” requests through I want to see in one big list, sorted by products.
Also, don’t make this free!
I’ve tried making non-free support plugins in the past and they just fizzle out. I’ve never made something this big and released it for free before, so it’s kinda exciting and I’m looking forward to seeing how many people use it.
Hopefully this will also help some people handle the new Envato Support Policy.
Beta should be ready this month.
I’m working on a new free support plugin for authors. It’s called SupportHub.
It’s pretty awesome because it will pull in all your support questions from Envato, bbPress, Twitter, Facebook, etc.. and display them in an easy to use interface.
Settings page: it will be easy to add additional “networks” to SupportHub
This way you can reply to support questions no matter where they come from, in a first come first served basis. This keeps it fare. If someone asks you a question on Twitter before someone else asks you a question on Item Comments, you will reply to the Tweet before the comment.
It will also find duplicate messages. If someone asks you via an Item Comment and also asks you the same question via your bbPress forum, it will group them together to help reduce answering duplicate questions.
It’s also a nice way to give support staff access to all your social accounts without actually giving them access.
It’s not ready yet! I’ve been working on it for a while and I’m just waiting on the new support packs to become available via API data.
Here’s another screenshot:
Here’s the “request additional information” popup. This will allow the user to send you PGP/RSA encrypted website details, so even if your MySQL database is hacked nobody can get your clients passwords.
There will also be things like a quick way to “request money” from a buyer for small modifications or tweaks.
There will also be hooks, so you can do fancy custom stuff like hooking a PHP function when a new item comment is found.
Anywho this is just a placeholder forum thread while I finish off the “beta” version. Hopefully drum up some excitement for it.
And this isn’t designed to be a “replacement” support system for things like helpscout or bbPress. It’s just a tool to sit ontop of existing platforms to hopefully make things a bit easier. The support system you need when you already have a support system.