DescriptionThis sound pack contains 25 high-quality “Blip” sound effects for use in video games. The sound style is like the 8-bit chiptune-style as typically used by retro arcade machines and retro game consoles. The “Blip”-sounds have various purposes and can, for example, be used for things like item-pickups, general signalling, score-counters, menu selects, etc. These sounds are one-shots; there are no loops.
All sounds in this sound pack have been professionally designed using techniques learned during a period of 20 years of game development and sound synthesis. Great care has been taken to ensure all sounds are free of hums, clicks/pops and buzzes. Once the initial design phase was completed, the entire sound pack was taken through a second phase much like a mastering stage. This results in a complete collection of safely mixable sounds that are normalized, thereby enabling maximum usage flexibility.
ContentsThis sound pack contains 25 unique sounds. Each sound is delivered in two file formats: a high quality WAV-format (industry standard 16-bit stereo 44.1kHz) and a high quality MP3-format (320kBs stereo). The total number of files is thus 25×2 = 50.
- rgs_blips_01_01.wav/.mp3: 620 ms
- rgs_blips_01_02.wav/.mp3: 2040 ms
- rgs_blips_01_03.wav/.mp3: 1185 ms
- rgs_blips_01_04.wav/.mp3: 348 ms
- rgs_blips_01_05.wav/.mp3: 120 ms
- rgs_blips_01_06.wav/.mp3: 94 ms
- rgs_blips_01_07.wav/.mp3: 600 ms
- rgs_blips_01_08.wav/.mp3: 130 ms
- rgs_blips_01_09.wav/.mp3: 322 ms
- rgs_blips_01_10.wav/.mp3: 478 ms
- rgs_blips_01_11.wav/.mp3: 252 ms
- rgs_blips_01_12.wav/.mp3: 454 ms
- rgs_blips_01_13.wav/.mp3: 250 ms
- rgs_blips_01_14.wav/.mp3: 428 ms
- rgs_blips_01_15.wav/.mp3: 233 ms
- rgs_blips_01_16.wav/.mp3: 364 ms
- rgs_blips_01_17.wav/.mp3: 190 ms
- rgs_blips_01_18.wav/.mp3: 680 ms
- rgs_blips_01_19.wav/.mp3: 140 ms
- rgs_blips_01_20.wav/.mp3: 97 ms
- rgs_blips_01_21.wav/.mp3: 137 ms
- rgs_blips_01_22.wav/.mp3: 139 ms
- rgs_blips_01_23.wav/.mp3: 135 ms
- rgs_blips_01_24.wav/.mp3: 115 ms
- rgs_blips_01_25.wav/.mp3: 146 ms
Retro Game Sounds CollectionThis sound pack is part of Retro Game Sounds Collection. The full collection contains 500 files: 10 sound packs, where each pack contains 25 sounds, where each sound is provided in 2 different file-formats. Each pack provides sounds of another category. See here:
Taking into account the provided quality, the great number of varying sounds within each pack, and the variety in sound categories, this collection makes a valuable, if not unmissable, asset to any serious game developer’s resource pool.