no-thumbnail
No1ForFlightSimVids Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
No1ForFlightSimVids says

hello i just have one question to ask is it ok if i buy a Regular Licence and use that music in the background on my Microsoft Flight Simulator X AKA FSX videos? i ask as am a youtube partner and i have ads on my videos so i need to know before i buy :) last thing i want now is getting banned even tho it maybe a stupid question :)

Thanks

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Jonah-B says

I’m pretty sure a regular license will cover that because you’re not selling the video itself. Here is a link that explains the licensing terms in detail if you want to look it over.

Regular and Extended License

249 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
miksmusic says

Hi No1ForFlightSimVids,

I can’t speak for YouTube but many of my clients are YouTube Partners and they always ask me to include ‘commercial use’ clause in the license agreement so they can prove to YouTube they have rights to use my music in a commercial video.

In short, if a video makes you money you need an extended license. That’s my opinion.

Best regards, MikS Music

170 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+4 more
solarsound says

I believe miksmusic is right. If a video is generating revenue for you, you will probably need an “extended” license.

no-thumbnail
No1ForFlightSimVids Recent Posts Threads Started
3 posts
No1ForFlightSimVids says

First thanks for the reply’s.

am i just better off pm the Music composer and asking him to do that for me miksmusic with a regular license (( ask him to include ‘commercial use)) ? because its not like i make millions out of my videos and i couldn’t be buying a extended license just for one video everytime, id go backrupt LOL

632 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

I think it’s really an honesty thing. If your channel only has a few dozen subscribers and you get maybe a couple hundred views per video then I don’t think the composer would too pissed if you did that on a regular license, I don’t know how the partnership program works but I don’t think 200 views gets you that much cash. If it were me I’d be completely fine, especially if you gave me credit on your videos to help me promote my music. Now if you have one of those top channels with tens of thousands of viewers per video and you are making serious cash out of it then maybe you do owe it to the composers to keep buying extended licenses. Remember, we’re not that different to you, us composers here at AudioJungle. We work hard to make a product that people will find useful/entertaining from our home studios and we then upload it to the internet so greater masses have access to it. I’m sure what you do is similar. So really, assess the situation and do what is right in your heart/position!

84 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
Jonah-B says

Hmmm… I’ve been looking over the licensing terms and I didn’t see anything that clearly stated rather usage like this would require extended or regular. I’ve always interpreted the regular license as being suitable for any kind of project that is not being sold directly. This video you are creating is technically free. You are making money from the advertisement that is playing before the video, not the video itself. Your viewers are not paying you for the video or it’s contents.

Now that I read these other replies though I’m unsure. :p

249 posts
+2 more
miksmusic says

Just to clarify things.. Regarding my previous post, I can’t grant “commercial rights” to something that people bought at AudioJungle. I was referring strictly to my clients outside of this marketplace. If you buy something here, you have to stick to whatever the AJ license says.

If you’d like a custom track with commercial use rights, I’ll be happy to help you.

@TortoiseTree. Sorry I don’t agree. Honesty has nothing to do with this. It’s like using pirated software saying it’s OK since I’m not making any money with it. I don’t think software makers will see this as honest use.

MikS Music

249 posts
+2 more
miksmusic says

OK, this is from YouTube’s Partners FAQ :

You can monetize royalty-free or Creative Commons content if the license agreement grants you rights to use it commercially.

Source:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2490020

Hope this answers your question completely.

M

600 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

I always thought a regular license would cover a single youtube video, monetized or not. I think if you don’t know for sure you should be careful about telling people they need an extended license, last thing anyone would want to do is scare away potential business from the site.

If it is the case they would need an extended there should be a well written section in the license thats clear for youtube users, considering they seem to be a huge part of the buyer community.

I think someone official should step in here quick.

by
by
by
by
by
by