1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

Hi -

I got a notice on one of my youtube videos that had as a background track one of the songs I bought here earlier (it was a holiday themed popular songtrack, fwiw); it says:

” Your video “(name of my video)”, may have content that is owned or licensed by (name) for a 3rd Party, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalizing your account status. Visit your Copyright Notice page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Sincerely, - The YouTube Team

When I clicked on the link it had a button saying “I believe this copyright notice is not valid”, rather than clicking that I just deleted the video off youtube. How to handle this? It was for a holiday-themed audio / video. If I buy an audio track here, I can use it as part of background for a video I produce for youtube, right?

392 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+2 more
starbugsound says

Hi graphic4444,

it seems that you are definitely not alone with this kind of issue! Please have a look at this thread: http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/youtube-licensing-issues/72621

Maybe the best way is that you try to contact the support for this issue! Meanwhile they should know how to deal with that as they have already contacted YouTube support to find a solution!

Good luck ;-)

1285 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

hi – thanks, I hadn’t seen that thread, much appreciated

by
by
by
by
by