806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

I was contacted by a videohiver who wants to release a new template on VideoHive and would like to buy an extended license for some of my SFX in order to include them in the template. He said that there are other authors who already agreed to that. So my message to those authors:

There’s no license that allows selling purchased items within a stock item.

Please see the clause 8 of the Extended license:

8.You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item. You can’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications.

So, giving your consent is against the AJ rules and might get you in troubles.

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says

Well, I just learned that there’s an exception:

Use of items in larger stock projects is not allowed under the default regular or extended licenses, but there are exceptions.

Exception 1: When you purchase an extended license and get written permission from the author. Keep a copy of the email giving you permission.

Example: A CodeCanyon author has a slider and gives permission by email to a ThemeForest author to use the slider, under the extended license, in a theme. “

However, if I were you, I wouldn’t do it, especially if the buyer is a popular author, here’s why:

It’s better to let the author using watermarked preview files and getting referrals from him. Let’s say his template sales 100 times, so it will bring you about 100 users who will buy your item for 1 <dolla> – it’s about $50 net profit for you. Selling an extended license will give you only $2.5

by
by
by
by
by
by