161 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

What sucks is waiting 12 days for an item that you really worked hard on and gave your absolute best effort to get approved, then it gets approved at 8 pm in the us and is gone completely from the front page before the next workday even begins. Sometimes I am tempted to mess the preview file up so that I can get soft rejected into resubmitting at a decent time…

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

With hundreds and hundreds of files being processed each and every day, trying to get home page exposure is really not worth the pursuit in my personal opinion. There are forty slots on the home page. There are thousands of files submitted each week. There are almost 5,000 authors on AudioJungle. I’m not a mathematician but the probability of ever getting a homepage slot is slim. And even then, it’s not likely to stay there for long.

Search along with the Popular Items pages are where customers predominantly find the music they want for their projects, not the home page.

Even if you tried to game the system by purposely trying to get your file soft rejected (which I wouldn’t recommend by the way), yes, you would have some sort of ‘control’ over when your item hits the home page, BUT, the review team are likely to be reviewing another batch of hundreds and hundreds of files after approving your file! So trying to time the timing of the actual review is fairly futile.

Trying to get your item on the home page is not the ‘holy grail’ to landing a bestselling file here on AudioJungle by the way. Good music with good production value, a solid portfolio, regular submissions, good descriptions + tags, and understanding what customers need and want. Those are much more important to an author’s success than home page exposure.

Don’t give up and good luck! Focus on the music, not the home page. :)

319 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
studio26design says

Just luck of the draw I guess. I put a lot of effort into my last track, composing something in line with what I think sells well, paying extra attention to mastering and I was really happy with the end result.

Once approved it was on the front page for under an hour and had 17 views which were most likely other authors not potential buyers.

My next step is to keep adding new tracks, promote via other means (YouTube, Twitter etc).

909 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Kurlykovs says

Who is to say your potential buyer is from the US?

161 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
PrismicStudios says

Well, I need to do something differently then, I feel like my music is getting better and better but the sales just aren’t coming. Maybe I need to learn how to write better keywords. How do you know how many views individual items are getting studio26design?

319 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Exclusive Author
studio26design says

... How do you know how many views individual items are getting studio26design?

Analytics. It’s in ‘author resources’ on your Dashboard tab.

1329 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
LumenMedia says

I think we shouldn’t rely on front page exposure, but need to carefully NAME files, use proper tags and be serious about file desctiption. I am happy if my best sales come from SEARCH and not only from front page of AJ. And more careful i became about naming and tags, more sales coming from earlier uploaded files.

205 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
TJMusic says

If you worked really hard to make the track, you deserve a good amount of money from sales. The front page exposure is too short to produce this amount of sales, no matter how good the track is. How many views the front page exposure can produce? Between 20 – 50 before it’s gone. Typical conversion rate in e-commerce business is around 1-3% depending on quality of the product and targetting of the traffic. So you can safely assume you need 100 views per sale. Nobody will create these views for you – you need to work on your own to bring the traffic from outside world. There are plenty of threads discussing methods to do this. And please believe me, that the amount of work needed to bring the traffic for a track is definitely much more annoying than the mere waiting for 12 days.

707 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Waderman says

It´s an illusion that the frontpage is the magic key of sales. Your song and the corresponding project of buyers must fit together. That´s all
Forget about the release date.

1456 posts
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Norway
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Mihai_Sorohan says

- You guys know what sucks?
- A vacuum cleaner.

by
by