1080 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Madness says

ryan , u still on orange ? what do you beneath that ? a multicolored one ?

1125 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
hansv says

be careful what you say to the man with the power around here, Madness… :-) he could downgrade you to orange…. hehe

1080 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Madness says

nah … me and him go back in the day … back in Africa , right ryan?

150 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Located in Canada Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
MaestroRage says

I too would like to know why www was removed, and what benefits Envato receives from this.

Google finds you better?

8234 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

I never use www unless a link forces it etc.. never have, just makes less to type and urls look nicer without it :)

1234 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 50+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
MBMedia says
I too would like to know why www was removed, and what benefits Envato receives from this. Google finds you better?

Google is probably indexing both the www and the non-www pages separately. This prolly divies the total FD hits between the two. And since hits are a major factor in search indexing, by moving to just one, you consolidate the hits to that one, more hits, higher rank.

Am I getting this right ryan?

1505 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 8 years Has referred 10+ members Located in Australia Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
collis Envato team says

Hey guys, that’s right, having www and non-www sometimes dilutes your SEO benefits as some engines look at the two links separately, here’s a good site on www vs non-www

So it was just a matter of choosing one, we generally prefer non-www as it makes the URL shorter. So if you type in an address with www it will just redirect over!

171 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
myTheme says

Yeah, it’s just for the search engines. Why did you do this so late? I mean it’s first things to choose when launching a new site. To use www or non-www. Well maybe it’s just something you forgot :)

74 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Located in Australia Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ThinkingDiesel says

Cool cool.

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Located in Australia Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
colortech says

How does that whole www thing work? How does it disrupt or ‘pollute’ search engine results? Someone please explain, I never understood this concept :O

by
by
by
by
by
by