1 post
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
tinerin says

This was the feedback of TF:

Unfortunately your submission Tonic – Reponsive & Flexible Multi-Purpose Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you: Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time.

As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere. However, we do accept themes with similar structure but in condition it provides better quality in terms of aesthetic or features.

After reading that, and gazing at my theme, I agree that the design has much space to be improved in terms of uniqueness. I think I spend too much time focusing on the Backend.

But what I don’t get is this:

Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options

Why mention features and options?

I think I have some quite unique features like a swipe-enabled lightbox, fullscreen portfolio and gallery on smartphones and that timeline blog. And standard features like extended theme customizer and a layoutbuilder are also included.

Or is that just a standardized sentence and I should mainly focus on the design? Btw, do you think I should use other sample images?

The theme can be found here: Demo

Any constructive criticism highly appreciated :)

281 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • France
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
2Fwebd says

Hi tinerin ! I am looking to help, but the demo does not work…. :|

2159 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Hey

I don’t think this is good enough for TF. There is really nothing to this template.

Cheers

Lester

707 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
ChillThemes says

Hey

I don’t think this is good enough for TF. There is really nothing to this template.

Cheers

Lester

That’s because the author changed the theme to Twenty Eleven, a free WordPress made by the WordPress team…

by
by
by
by
by
by