30 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Sergei_Kurek says

Hi folks! I’m new here on AudioJungle, just uploaded some tracks for try and unexpeclty during one week first sale! Great feeling!

How do you think, is it real to sell some blues-roots music here or am I too naive? My 1st sale was in “romantic/sentimental” category, and “blues” seems like little demand. Thanks for your opinion.

Wish you all great inspiration!

114 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Sweden
blindholm says

Great music man!

Well, yeah, it seems like this isn’t the place most people come to buy that sort of music, even if it’s REALLY good, like yours. But who knows, just keep it on here, and if someone searches for it, they will find it.

Generally, light, positive, simple music sells the best. I think you could make some great tracks like that with a bluesy touch though!

675 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

Great guitars! IMHO buyers didn’t expect here blues and indie music – most people submit there music made on computers and samplers not on live instruments. But you’ll find your client for sure!

748 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
guitarjock says

I agree with fxprosound,

There aren’t many people doing blues here, so I say why not give it a shot and cornor the market. I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket either though. What is cool is that you are very talented and you can write other types of songs and add a blues touch.

Anyway, you have a great song selling there. Keep up the great work, and welcome to the AJ family!

918 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
jhunger says

I agree with blindholm that light, positive, and simple music sells best, though I’ve had success with more introspective stuff (still light and simple, though).

Although I’d agree with fxprosound that a lot of AudioJungle offerings, including many of the best selling tracks, are made with computers and samplers, in my experience there is plenty of success to be had using real instruments as well, and in fact I feel like this part of the marketplace is one area that has a lot of room for growth.

206 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
reubenchng says

I agree with blindholm that light, positive, and simple music sells best, though I’ve had success with more introspective stuff (still light and simple, though). Although I’d agree with fxprosound that a lot of AudioJungle offerings, including many of the best selling tracks, are made with computers and samplers, in my experience there is plenty of success to be had using real instruments as well, and in fact I feel like this part of the marketplace is one area that has a lot of room for growth.

no way! your acoustic tracks are selling like hot cakes. Sometimes i wished I played the guitar! :P

206 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
reubenchng says

Hey Sergei, I think the best thing about AudioJungle is that you can make music without pressure. You know, doing something you like out of your creativity and there would still be buyers for it. Just make quality music and you’ll see some results.

You might just brand yourself as the ‘blues guy’ here! 8-)

918 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • United States
jhunger says

I agree with blindholm that light, positive, and simple music sells best, though I’ve had success with more introspective stuff (still light and simple, though). Although I’d agree with fxprosound that a lot of AudioJungle offerings, including many of the best selling tracks, are made with computers and samplers, in my experience there is plenty of success to be had using real instruments as well, and in fact I feel like this part of the marketplace is one area that has a lot of room for growth.
no way! your acoustic tracks are selling like hot cakes. Sometimes i wished I played the guitar! :P

You should learn – it’s fun (though your fingers get chewed up pretty well at first)!

Conversely, I always wish I were better at piano and creating synth arrangements :). But I guess one of the themes of this thread is that you can find success when you play to your strengths.

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
SimpleProductions says

Sergei – just listened to a little and it sounds nice! You might just find that sales will happen for you more consistently because you’re in a specific category with less upload traffic – which means you’ll stay on the first 1-3 pages for a longer period of time. Your music will also be come up in searches quicker in the ‘haystack’ of tracks if it lives in the lesser populated categories.

Being a good guitar player will also help, should you step outside the blues realm. Guitar is IN. Especially in advertising music. I too, wish I had better guitar skills… (i.e. ANY guitar skills ;) )

225 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Alisiya says

Your music is real, “live” sound is always nice. I hope that it will appeal to many! Sales-is uncertain. Nevertheless – I wish you good luck!

by
by
by
by
by
by