126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Hi Ben

In it’s current form I don’t think you have much chance of approval. Photography themes are hard to get approved. I submitted http://www.webbymatt.co.uk/themes/impact/ several times (it’s a WP site) and after making some big improvements, I asked the reviewer candidly if he thinks it will ever get approved – the answer, though diplomatic, was no.

this doesn’t mean your theme has no chance, but from experience I think it needs a stronger element of uniqueness.

I understand completely and I assumed this would be the issue, if nothing it’s still a bit of experience for me!

Would you suggest going for it or just scrapping the idea?

Thanks! Ben

If it’s experience you’re after – press on. If you’re short on time and feel you can do better, scrap it. I found the experience helpful because it made me understand what thy’re looking for. However, I did spend a LOT of time on it (and it cost me money) and didn’t pay off – at least not financially.

433 posts I love the web!
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
htmgarcia says

Hi Ben

In it’s current form I don’t think you have much chance of approval. Photography themes are hard to get approved. I submitted http://www.webbymatt.co.uk/themes/impact/ several times (it’s a WP site) and after making some big improvements, I asked the reviewer candidly if he thinks it will ever get approved – the answer, though diplomatic, was no.

this doesn’t mean your theme has no chance, but from experience I think it needs a stronger element of uniqueness.

Your theme is nice. I guess the part that is not so good is the center (where you load the content of each section). Why not improve this space and try again for approval?

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Hi Ben

Your theme is nice. I guess the part that is not so good is the center (where you load the content of each section). Why not improve this space and try again for approval?

Thanks :) I might revisit it when I become more familiar with Wordpress – I paid to have this one built. I’m great at pure HTML /CSS but plugging into Wp and creating custom options is beyond me at the moment.

1034 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
BenSheppard says

If it’s experience you’re after – press on. If you’re short on time and feel you can do better, scrap it. I found the experience helpful because it made me understand what thy’re looking for. However, I did spend a LOT of time on it (and it cost me money) and didn’t pay off – at least not financially.

Aye I mean there is nothing worse than wasting money and time. The idea behind it is to sell it to earn a bit of money, but it’s easy to see how a template like this wouldn’t sell well.

126 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
matt5409 says

Aye I mean there is nothing worse than wasting money and time. The idea behind it is to sell it to earn a bit of money, but it’s easy to see how a template like this wouldn’t sell well.

Well my attitude is changing – I see the time/money as an investment, and the more I put in, the more I hope to get out. The thinking behind my first attempt was “let’s throw something up, see how it sells, see if it’s worth it” but TF are strict and this has taught me to try harder. I think you either need to give something all or nothing.

by
by
by
by
by
by