3 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
sevenjungle says

Hello envato community, I have made a few purchases on some items and was wondering if envato either has or has plans to add a royalty-free, one-time super purchase for any items within the spectrum of products offered (that could be used more than once)? I am interested in some music pieces, but more specifically I am looking for video intros for YouTube videos. These intros would be found in the videohive archives. $8 to $35 or so for many of these intros would be astronomically expensive if one is producing hundreds of videos. Basically, I would pay a higher initial price for an intro that would allow me to use it more than once.

Any feedback is appreciated.

548 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Hi sevenjungle,

If I understand you correctly, then you want to use the same music in a single YouTube video intro that will be used before lots of different videos right? If so, I’m pretty sure a single license lets you do that, it would only be if each video intro were different, but using a song for an intro that is used in multiple videos is allowed I believe.

Taco

3 posts
sevenjungle says

Hi sevenjungle,

If I understand you correctly, then you want to use the same music in a single YouTube video intro that will be used before lots of different videos right? If so, I’m pretty sure a single license lets you do that, it would only be if each video intro were different, but using a song for an intro that is used in multiple videos is allowed I believe.

Taco

I see. So I can buy one song, and one video intro and create a single 15-sec intro using both pieces of work (song and video intro). Then, I am able to use that intro in hundreds of videos as long as the completed intro video is not modified. Is this correct?

EXAMPLE:

1 music piece + 1 video intro = one 15-sec intro video.

Then we assume the following:

1) intro + ABC video 2) intro + ACD video 3) intro + BCA video 4) intro + YUI video 5) intro + PLA video

The alphabetical letters just indicate that each of the five videos is different, however, the intros are all the same, so I’d be good to go.

I hope this makes sense.

thanks.

645 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Spain
Allegro120 says

I think if it is a different video has to re-pay to license the music intro.

But I hope that answers envato team. :)

677 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Poland
FxProSound says

I see there’s need for this type of license. I’ve observed that sometimes I sell the same sounds the same day on another marketplace – probably because of buyer won’t pay again for multiple use on AJ.

835 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
gbiasillo says

Hi There,

I spoke to Envato support a while back regarding this subject and, unless things have changed, using the same music/video intro is allowed on multiple videos as long as they are part of the same series. If they are disjoint videos, then you must purchase one per series of videos.

Take care, Gari

1988 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Envato Staff
  • Reviewer
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Switzerland
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
matsteiner Reviewer says

I think Gari is right, I have something like this in my mind too.
That’s the positive thing on Audiojungle: It’s never really expensive for the buyers here, it is always affordable and fair.
But anyway, a “forever” license could be interesting too nevertheless!

5166 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Support Staff
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
+8 more
KingDog Staff says

Hi There,

I spoke to Envato support a while back regarding this subject and, unless things have changed, using the same music/video intro is allowed on multiple videos as long as they are part of the same series. If they are disjoint videos, then you must purchase one per series of videos.

Take care, Gari

Gari is correct :)

3 posts
sevenjungle says

OK, so another example:

Say 1 have made one completed intro from both a music and visual piece that will be used hundreds of times.

I start by making 5 different videos.

1) intro + how-to video about cooking. 2) intro + how-to video about craft-making 3) intro + how-to video about making music 4) intro + how-to video about cooking 5) intro + how-to video about cooking.

In the above example, I have made 3 cooking videos, 1 craft-making video, and 1 making music video. But they are all how-to videos. How many licenses do I need? Also, consider that some of these “how-to’s” made be produced over multiple-year time spans. I think in the above examples the intro videos would only be different if I added different graphics for the cooking, music-making intro, and craft stuff in the craft-making intro. But if I leave them all the same generic how-to opener, then I only have to buy the two original licenses (song and video intro), even though the body of each has different topics, but is still the same “how-to series.”

Again, thanks for any insight.

by
by
by
by
by
by