• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Basspartout says

Hey everybody,

About three months ago, I moved with my studio into a new room with no online connection.
Being ‘off the grid’ for the time I’m working really turns out to be a huuge advantage for me. I get more things done, I am way more concentrated because I dont get distracted at all, neither by emails or by checking social media (or sales, which is the hardest part, lol) nor by ANY annoying browser or program or anti virus software or flash player etc etc wanting to update.
In short, and that is the main reason I am posting my experience here, this is a call to all you wonderful software and plugin companies out there: Please continue to make/keep it EASY for people like me who simply prefer to work offline, to authorize and update your stuff.
I will definitely keep it that way, having one offline PC to work with and another for my online administration etc. I will definitely continue to invest a lot of money in software and libraries, but ONLY if it doesnt ‘tie my to the grid’.

What are your thoughts, fellow authors, does anybody of you have a similar experience?

88 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
MattijsMuller says

I´m also more productive when I shut down the browser! But on the other hand, sometimes I get inspired by something on YouTube of 22tracks.com and produce a track in 2 hours…

555 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

I agree, I DEFINITELY work better on my music without an Internet connection. There are just too many things to distract you otherwise. My dirty secret is YouTube, it’s unreasonably addictive and fun to surf through videos for hours on end. One day I’ll get a life, but not until I’ve watched the entire catalogue of videos on YouTube.

662 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
PaBlikMM says

Well, i can remember my life without internet, mobile phones, GPS etc. – i´m not that old, but i´m from one of post-kumunistic country (Czech Republic) so we didnt have a chance to know these things till the revolution in 1989 :)

I a very big fan of YT, FB, Skype etc. but i learn how to work with my browser turned on :)

Its not that hard as it looks like :)

Keep on rocking and doing some great music!

CHA!

310 posts
  • Exclusive Author
GroovingGecko says

I´m also more productive when I shut down the browser! But on the other hand, sometimes I get inspired by something on YouTube of 22tracks.com and produce a track in 2 hours…

I checked out 22tracks.com, cool idea! Hadn’t heard of it before, so thanks for the tip! Always good with more inspiration.

909 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
Kurlykovs says

Its not like there were much on internet in 1989 :D but being online can distract me from working on my music but at the same time it can be inspiring and not as lonely looking/listening to some tracks on youtube or even here on AJ. But i agree about the software that ties you to the internet for activation and such although a lot of it now a days require just 1 time activation and then you really don’t need the internet.

Fernandestelecaster
Fernandestelecaster Recent Posts Threads Started
114 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Fernandestelecaster says

I don’t have an online conection in my studio. Never bothered me. When I’m working on something I think it would be distracting. I would end up dealing with other online issues instead of being concentrated on my work.

662 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
PaBlikMM says

Its not like there were much on internet in 1989 :D

You right of course :D I wanted to make my post more dramatic :bigwink:

CHA! :D

689 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
FxProSound says

It’s good to keyword a noise when listening to mixes or waiting for a mixdown or vocalist gone for cigarette pause :) ONLINE

MarioLucianAndreano
MarioLucianAndreano Recent Posts Threads Started
126 posts
  • Romania
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
MarioLucianAndreano says

Hi guys! I think working offline will make you concentrate more but it’s pretty hard to stay offline nowadays…wouldn’t it be great if we could write music in a studio with a lake view in the countryside :D you know just like the ooold writers (of any kind) use to do? :P but then again…most of us would dye in 3 hours without Facebook Youtube etc. and that’s just sad…to me the most distracting thing is AJ forum :P I always find something interesting to read…back to work now :)

by
by
by
by
by
by