366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Hey everyone!

I wanted to draw your attention to a post I published recently on Wptuts+, WordPress 3.5 Beta 1 Wants You!, about the recent release of WordPress 3.5 Beta 1.

I highly recommend anyone who develops themes or plugins for WordPress spin up an instance of the beta version and test it with your themes and plugins to see how things work.

3 Reasons why you should care

1. Support – As people update to the latest version of WordPress, if they encounter issues with your product, they’re going to come knocking. Best to be ready with an update!
  2. Enhancements – Learning about new features WordPress are implementing, functions they’re deprecating, and other changes helps you be ahead of the game, adding support to your themes and plugins early.
  3. Getting Involved – WordPress is open source. If there are bugs in a new release of WordPress, that’s not good for anybody, and by being involved you can help ensure a smooth transition to the new version.

As I mentioned in the blog post linked above, if you do find a bug with WordPress 3.5 Beta 1, you can report it in the Alpha / Beta area of the WordPress.org support forums. If you’re comfortable filing a reproducible bug report, submit a ticket in Trac.

I’m looking forward to the new version of WordPress, which should be released on or around December 5th this year.

Is there a particular feature of the upcoming version that you’re most interested in?

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

I’m thrilled for this release and have already started testing plugins on it :D

1481 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

If I am right, new version of WP should include improved media management, that is something I look forward.

I will test my plugin with a new version to check if everything is ok, thank you for mentioning.

731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

If I am right, new version of WP should include improved media management, that is something I look forward. I will test my plugin with a new version to check if everything is ok, thank you for mentioning.

The new media manager is already in the beta, though it’s very rough still. It’s looking really promising.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
jasonslack says

I’ve started using it for websites which are to be released next year.

1481 posts
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

If I am right, new version of WP should include improved media management, that is something I look forward. I will test my plugin with a new version to check if everything is ok, thank you for mentioning.
The new media manager is already in the beta, though it’s very rough still. It’s looking really promising.
Great, will take a look.

Does anyone have any more details on this: WP_Query can now return posts in a specific order with the post__in parameter.

366 posts WordPress Guy
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+5 more
Japh Envato team says

Does anyone have any more details on this: WP_Query can now return posts in a specific order with the post__in parameter.

Hey OriginalEXE, there are details on the Trac ticket #13729, as mentioned in the release post linked above on WordPress.org.

492 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+8 more
pixelentity says

most features still WIP ? Very interested in the gallery builder but it doesn’t seem to be in trunk yet.

BF

1481 posts
+3 more
OriginalEXE says

Hey OriginalEXE, there are details on the Trac ticket #13729, as mentioned in the release post linked above on WordPress.org.

I wonder why my customers don’t read my documentation, and I did not properly read you post either .

Thank you for pointing it out. Valuable addition to the core.

426 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
SimpleSites4U says

Ill be testing my portfolio of plugins on 3.5 next week – but so far looks to be a great release

by
by
by
by
by
by