2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
mchelle says

I have been searching for a solution to create a user submitted photo gallery with Wordpress and have not had much luck so am hoping by making a request here someone will create a plugin that does this so I can buy it :)

How it Would Work:

Users go to a page where the submission form is embedded and they can easily and simply upload photos from the front end (never needing to go into the dashboard/admin areas) and also be able to write a description of their photo.

Photos are then published automatically to a page setup as a gallery.

Users should be able to see what they have submitted and also look at what others have submitted (similar to an authors page or profile page)

Would also be nice to have the ability to create multiple galleries/categories, so you could have one gallery for photos of one thing, another gallery for photos of another type.

I am not a big fan of a lot of admin options, as I think that makes plugins too confusing, but some basics such as default category and image upload size limits would probably be a good idea.

Currently I have something like this set up with TDO Mini Forms for users to submit their photos and my gallery is set up as a page template that displays images from posts from that category. The TDO Mini Forms is not working for me though – 3 out of 4 users can’t get it to work properly. Part of this is because it requires users to press an “upload” button before they write their post content and send it – so if they forget to click on upload no photo is attached. Then there are some misc. errors I just can’t seem to figure out at all, so I would like to find something else soon.

I have looked at other scripts such as PhotoPost and Coppermine, but they both have outdated interfaces and don’t integrate with Wordpress as well as I would like them to.

If you have any solutions for this please let me know :)

18 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Najoh says

I’m working on a project like this now, me too i need a plugin like that.

1 post
zanga says

Same, has anyone seen anything or been able to create anything?

264 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in India
hirenbvala says

I can Create Something like that.. let me know if you are interested in purchase my services…

370 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
RightHere says

@mchelle .. should the user be able to upload only one image at a time and set the title and caption or upload multiple images ?

The problem with allowing uploading multiple images is that users would be able to completely flood the gallery!

1 post
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
sayjumner says

I just need one at a time with a description and author.

@mchelle .. should the user be able to upload only one image at a time and set the title and caption or upload multiple images ? The problem with allowing uploading multiple images is that users would be able to completely flood the gallery!
731 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+7 more
mordauk says

I wrote a tutorial series on how to do it (paid members only, sorry): http://pippinsplugins.com/series/user-submitted-image-galleries/

You can see the public gallery system created through my tutorial series here: http://cgcookie.com/blender/gallery/ (some modifications of course).

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
makesalt says

I wrote a tutorial series on how to do it (paid members only, sorry): http://pippinsplugins.com/series/user-submitted-image-galleries/ You can see the public gallery system created through my tutorial series here: http://cgcookie.com/blender/gallery/ (some modifications of course).

Hello. What is the price for the gallery you made for cgcookie, but a little diferent. I want something with categories, recent submissions, most rated… something like cgcookie combined with the plugin presented on your website.

And i want to know if it’s posible to make it work with youtube videos (just put a title, a youtube link, tags & submit.) all this made by registered users.

I want to be separated. Foto Gallery on one page & Video Gallery on another one.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
retroturk says

I also interested a script like in Blender Cookie.

105 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
butterflymedia says

I have a plugin for this waiting in the queue. It’s called ImagePress and it allows users to upload images. It uses Masonry, guest posting or user posting, commenting and more.

by
by
by
by
by
by