My latest theme is a Tumblog theme that uses the WooTumblog plugin for posts. Are these themes sort after or not? Also I think buyers may get annoyed with the fact that they have to install the WooTumblog plugin before the theme looks right.
I was just wondering if it would have been more effective using post types instead?
No, “custom post type” is not good for a Tumblog theme… “Post Format” is the best…
If you need a native admin UI (without WooTumblog), you can use Post Formats Admin UI from Alex King.
That’s okay… I have some reasons…
1) WooTumblog supports Post Format
2) WooTumblog supports QuickPress
3) WooTumblog has iPhone apps
So, it is perfect for most WP Tumblog users.
For your plugin installation, I have two solution,
1) add admin_notice that warn your theme user to install this plugin.
It is useful for buyer that is lazy enough to read the documentation…
For example, check this tutorial http://wptheming.com/2011/08/admin-notices-in-wordpress/
2) Use TGM Plugin Activation Class to install this plugin automatically.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.