960 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
jeffeatworld says

Notice the addition of Woo Themes on here for Expression Engine / Drupal which is cool and will kickstart those categories.

My question is how many themes are likely to be added, is it another 5 a day scenario like it was for Magneto?

I think Authors would like a bit of a heads-up on this as to know whether to release or not and yes, I know-I know anytime is a good time but lets face it we all want to stay on the front page as long ass possible :-)

380 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
kaaz says

Notice the addition of Woo Themes on here for Expression Engine / Drupal which is cool and will kickstart those categories.

i think so

1383 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

Who themes?

157 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+6 more
ThemeFields says

I noticed this too. I was afraid that they want to publish WordPress themes :P What a relief :]

@WooThemes. Can you tell us what’s your plan on ThemeForest? ;]

78 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+2 more
adiacone says

I don’t how much work is involved when developing an Expression Engine or Drupal theme (as opposed to a WordPress theme), but the price of $55 seems a bit spicy by ThemeForest’s standards.

2030 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+9 more
revaxarts says

I don’t how much work is involved when developing an Expression Engine or Drupal theme (as opposed to a WordPress theme), but the price of $55 seems a bit spicy by ThemeForest’s standards.

Yep, WT templates are the most expensive here

1148 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
fillerspace says

Yep, WT templates are the most expensive here

Could be a little supply and demand effect going on too…there are so many Wordpress themes, that the supply is bigger than the demand. I started a project in Drupal a few years back and was shocked at how few good themes there were. The only ones I liked were adapted from Wordpress themes. So if there are people out there tied to Drupal and they need a new theme, you’ve got a captive audience who has no choice but to pay more.

2231 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
crozer says

My question is how many themes are likely to be added, is it another 5 a day scenario like it was for Magneto?

I think, no.. I know your answer is on the front page ;)

33 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
Websys says

Speaking purely from the perspective as purchasers, not designers (although we design for clients, but we do not “create” themes), the product from Woo Themes does not, and has never, enticed us.

They have clean code, and a long established, earned and deserved reputation, but to us we find much of their work uninspiring, and very minimalistic in what if offers. When we compare the Woo Themes to say the Drupal themes by Themesmania here on Themeforest, it is really no contest. Nothing that we have seen from Woo holds a candle to Thememania’s “Simple & Advanced Premium Drupal Theme” as an example.

The coming of Woo to Themeforest reminds us somewhat of the recent introduction of the famous Wordpress house StudioPress to Themeforest, and that did not fair very well for StudioPress.

Unless Woo pulls up its belt and comes out with more complete and imaginative work we think they will suffer the same fate. Themeforest is loaded with very talented hungry designers who go full bore on packing their themes with features, whereas Woo and StudioPress provide a minimal product on the basis they then are used to prying many billable hours out of corporate clients to customize. Both are acceptable approaches, but in a dog eat dog marketplace like Themeforest, the latter comes up pretty stale and uncompetitive.

It is early days for Woo, and regretfully the Drupal and Joomla categories (where there also some amazing designers such as Intermezzo and Marbol2) are very much the “other” child here on themeforest, but unless Woo pulls their pants up and catches on to the fact they have entered a marketplace where content and design rule, not just reputation, we think they are in for a hard ride.

421 posts
  • Located in Germany
MASSIX says

I have to say the complete opposite to Websys. I really like the WooThemes templates for Drupal and EE, sure they┬┤ve got not the best designs through all themes here, but they are a lot better as the themes of Themesmania (reminds me of free wordpress themes on smashingmagazine.net).

I wish WooThemes good luck and hopefully some more sales and generally a second summer for EE and Drupal themes here.

by
by
by
by
by
by