90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
siredesigns says

I wish this allowed more time. Just under a month to develop a unique web application/script AND have it be (for the most part) error/bug free is, in my opinion, not likely. I wish it extended at least half way through March. Developers who can make great apps will be finding out about this contest probably mid-way through January, which is not enough time to develop a web app.

Just my two cents. I hope it gets extended!!

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
mileswj says

Whats the stance on 3rd party scripts?

No offense to iLochie, but it seems his basically runs off of Google translate. Is stuff like that allowed, or does it all have to be custom?

3109 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says
Whats the stance on 3rd party scripts? No offense to iLochie, but it seems his basically runs off of Google translate. Is stuff like that allowed, or does it all have to be custom?

of course it’s allowed. it’s a great use of gtranslate. that’s like saying sorry guys you cant use jquery.

3109 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says
I wish this allowed more time. Just under a month to develop a unique web application/script AND have it be (for the most part) error/bug free is, in my opinion, not likely. I wish it extended at least half way through March. Developers who can make great apps will be finding out about this contest probably mid-way through January, which is not enough time to develop a web app.

pull out the red bull and a few late nights :) I’m going for more than 1 script.

203 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
iLochie says
Whats the stance on 3rd party scripts? No offense to iLochie, but it seems his basically runs off of Google translate. Is stuff like that allowed, or does it all have to be custom?
In my opinion, and I’m sure many others’ opinions, 3rd parties such as Google, Yahoo, Facebook, and Twitter are great resources for scripts. Asking a developer to do a task such as perform all translations manually is a huge task, and usage of an API helps the devloper, as well as the buyer. ;)
1 post
+2 more
jamesf says

Very exciting competition with a crazy number of prizes. Here’s my entry, a full CakePHP application that allows generic Contenders to be pitted against each other so that visitors can vote on who would win.

http://codecanyon.net/item/cakebattles/85174

26 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
incrediblebytes says

Here is my new script: easy blog 2.0 – new version. It is a HUGE upgrade from the previous one. I completely rebuilt the code. I have submitted it today.

http://codecanyon.net/item/easy-blog/54549

59 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
gbsmith71 says

Count me in too please. I’ve just had CSS Auto Sprites (http://codecanyon.net/item/css-auto-sprites/85409) approved for sale.

It generates dynamic CSS sprite images from a directory of files, so you can add / remove / swap. files at any time. Creates all the CSS for you too.

Hopefully something, different. I’m certainly not aware of anything else like it out there.

Cheers,

Gavin

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
+1 more
charliesome says
21 posts Laborator Creative
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market