23 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+3 more
DoubleMThemes says

All of my apps are there and work the same – I just need to click past the Start Screen when I want to go to work… which is kinda cool for my own workflow because now I have a “casual mode” (start screen) and a “work mode” (desktop)... it’s superficial, but it works for me as a sort of mental division between casually browsing the news/twitter/fb/etc. and when I’m using my computer for development. For power users on a desktop/laptop that’s not touch-screen, the keyboard shortcuts are nice… but I really keep finding myself I could just touch my screen, which I suppose just adds another item to the list of new gadgets I want… Overall, it’s a nice improvement over Windows 7 after you get over the learning curve. I can definitely understand anyone raging against it though as a lot of it feels ass-backwards at first.

I just got a new AMD PC on October 25th night and right when I was going to install Windows 7, I saw the release note. I was on the doubt, but you right cleared it out. I needed a themer opinion. Who’s best than an Elite Author for it ?! :) Thanks!!! Installing it!

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
Stylius says

Epicera, thank you for the review! :) This is what I was looking for! As soon as I get my new laptop I’ll give WIN 8 a try.

631 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
UBLThemes says

Ive just installed it.

I hate it, everything i open goes to the desktop of the old system.

The ui is bad, the arrow when hovering over stays the same so you dont know if something is clickable.

All in all i am not impressed and i am seriously thinking about re-installing windows 7 ultimate again!

I have a iMac with the latest mountain lion, a million times better!

357 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
billyf says

Ive just installed it.

The ui is bad, the arrow when hovering over stays the same so you dont know if something is clickable.

All in all i am not impressed and i am seriously thinking about re-installing windows 7 ultimate again!

Well, I guess the ‘Metro’ (or Windows 8) UI functions more like an advanced ‘Start’ menu (or Start Screen) and nothing more than that. Only those apps will run with the same design philosophy and within the new UI whereas advanced software (such as Adobe products) will still run in normal desktop mode.

I still end up using the same old desktop mode for most of my time, so not much of a difference except that W8 is faster than W7.

If you miss the Start button, there are several apps for that. One of which is Start8.

203 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

I hated MAC ’s, last year I worked for an agency, they gave me an iMac (I hated it for like 2 weeks), after that I loved it so much that I bought a MacBook AIR . I don’t think I will ever go back to PC no matter what :) , still I do have a desktop PC for gaming purposes :) .

jayc

434 posts I love the web!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
htmgarcia says

About the price, I’m surprised, here in Mexico for a short period of time the lowest price for updating to Win 8 is 529 pesos (something like 40 USD ).

What is the price for other countries? Share it, please.

3072 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
wickedpixel says

30euros

1410 posts
  • Contributed a blog post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Europe
+7 more
Stylius says

In Spain it is 30 E as well.

266 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
Vasterad says

Ive just installed it.

Maybe first try to learn how to configure your Windows 8? Your opinion’s like after using new system for 5 minutes. ;) As for missing “Start” button I would recommend this software: http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/ :)
15 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Located in India
anjankumar says

Windows 8 release = Apples death LOL :)

by
by
by
by
by
by