• Elite Author
  • France
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+4 more
Pixelworkshop says

I’m using this start button (free) and I’ve configured Windows to automatically log in so I’m directly on the desktop a few seconds after starting the computer. To put it simple, my experience of W8 is very close to W7 but twice faster. I don’t use any of the new features, I just don’t feel like getting into them.

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
wallfish says

I’m not sure but Win7 is faster than Win8 it that true? I am using windows 7 and I tried 8 on my friends PC for a month and I found it a slower than 7. Also not slower because of hardware as he’s got a good config, slower in comparison to average time taken to execute a specific function like starting a program or may be playing game. Also Win 8 is good on a touch device. It a big pain to scroll the tiles with arrow keys or mouse!

538 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
Typps says

I’m not sure but Win7 is faster than Win8 it that true? I am using windows 7 and I tried 8 on my friends PC for a month and I found it a slower than 7. Also not slower because of hardware as he’s got a good config, slower in comparison to average time taken to execute a specific function like starting a program or may be playing game. Also Win 8 is good on a touch device. It a big pain to scroll the tiles with arrow keys or mouse!

For a better experience when scrolling use a touch mouse or a touch pad like the ones logitec are selling. I’m getting the logitec wireless touch pad, seems great!

Touch Mouse T620 or T650 Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad

These are designed specifically for windows 8 UI. I did for a while debate a touch screen but on a desktop machine I think the wireless touch pad will be a lot more comfortable to use :)

2961 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

i have a hp slate2 tablet i bought it before windows 8 came out.. and i bought the software .. come to find out.. windows 8 drivers are not out yet.. for the unit that i have.. so i have to play the waiting game.. which sucks.. cause my tablet is touch screen

1398 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Croatia
OriginalEXE says

I am using Windows 8 for 2 months now and I have to say it’s great.

What I like: - pc boots in like 7-8 seconds, and by boots I mean ready for work, no loading of thumbnails or slow work for a few seconds - file management and exploring is improver, I really like ribbons - when you are transfering something, for example to xternal hard drive, if something happens (drive disconnects etc.) transfer will nor abort but will wait for your to establish connection again - when you are transferring multiple files at once ( I mean, as a separate copy paste tasks ) you no longer have multiple windows for each transfer but they are nicely collected one below another in one window

What I dislike: - no start button means you are slower at some tasks, for example searching for something, now pin to taskbar has greater importance :)

Everything else is pretty much the same ( from what I use in Windows )

360 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
musicguy says

I was using Win XP for years until Win8 came out.

Since then I like Win8 very much. Very fast, stable, customizable and all in all great OS.

Microsoft finally made it! And it took them what? Only 20 years? :D

127 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Europe
caneration says

I have been using win8 for about 5-6 months (preview version). Now I bought win8 pro last week. Yes, the first reaction is “whats that! i have a computer like spaceship but it looks like tablet :) ) But now I got used it. Even I like it :) Especially you will notice that nothing changed, your only your Windows button on keyboard has a special screen and thats all.

Much faster than the other versions of windows, very smooth and clean UI, have never experienced with a software (except element3D but now that solved it), it is very easy to find and file or software (search is working like mac os it will find everything that includes keyword) etc.

To sum up, dont worry It is really good OS and you will like it :)

320 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
jwmcpeak says

I’ve used Win8 in some capacity since the Developer Preview, and I like it. I run it on all my machines. Quick reasons:

- Built-in multi-monitor support, and it’s better than what any third party could provide.

- Faster boot time and all around performance increase.

- The Start screen is fantastic. People whine about it, but it is superior to the old Start menu. Organize the tiles to give you easy access to commonly launched applications, and use the Windows key to show the Start screen.

- Metro app snapping is fantastic for multi-monitor environments.

- Storage spaces

- Hyper-V lacks the client features you’d expect, but it’s a good virtualization solution if you don’t have $250 to drop on VMware Workstation.

421 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Romania
studio_21 says

I like windows 8 on the phone , but not on the PC . It was very disappointing for me.

by
by
by
by
by
by