1180 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

You can complain about the price, but ultimately it is you who decides to upload here, not Envato. They tell you the terms up front, and it is up to you whether you want to accept them or not.

249 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
miksmusic says

This is the only site I know that gives such a low rate.

I’ve seen worse (not going to name it but it’s big too). Actually, I uploaded few tracks there a couple of years ago and had totally forgotten about them until I got some sales out of the blue and it turned out to be 25% commission. At first I was upset (25% wtf??) but then figured that 25% of something is still better than 100% of nothing :-)

Cheers

290 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
adammonroe says

I think non-exclusive rates are ok, considering you can spread your stuff around many websites and generate extra income…and that’s what Audio Jungle is to a non-exclusive author; extra-income. Maybe only $2.64, but it’s an extra $2.64 on top of income from your other sites people consider exclusivity. If they raised the rate to, say, 40% for non-exclusive, they’d have to raise the exclusive rate to 55 or 60%, but also probably raise the top-line commission rate (which is 70%) to something like 80% for Authors making all the sales. There has to be some kind of break between exclusivity and non-exclusivity. 50% over 33%% is decent enough to make someone consider exclusivity, if they are selling well enough. Audio Jungle’s pricing also seems relatively low compared to the rest of the stock market industry…might be a reason why the percentage rates they pay their authors would be lower. IMO , you can make it up in transactions, you just have to be selling the right kind of music. I think every market is different and can work for different people and different types of music.

128 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
SoundWavesMusic says

My experience is that on other sites if you are not exclusive, their search engine puts you somewhere in the bottom of the search list so it’s much harder for the customers to get to your item. But I don’t think that’s the case with AudioJungle. And I surely respect that.

923 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
jhunger says

Although I’d love to get a greater percentage non-exclusively as much as the next person, I don’t think it’s that bad of a deal. Exclusive authors are potentially giving up a lot for listing their songs in one place, and in return AudioJungle is ensuring through the percentage incentives that it’s worth their while. A big benefit for AudioJungle is that exclusive authors will be more likely to crowd source marketing directly to Envato, whereas non-exclusive authors don’t necessarily have this motivation.

I don’t think that the commission will raise above this rate for non-exclusive (it’s already been bumped from 25%), but it would be nice to someday see a sliding scale for non-exclusive authors to be able to eventually get a higher rate, e.g. 33% – 50% as your earnings increase instead of 50%-70% for exclusive authors.

611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
Basspartout says

....it would be nice to someday see a sliding scale for non-exclusive authors to be able to eventually get a higher rate, e.g. 33% – 50% as your earnings increase instead of 50%-70% for exclusive authors.

+1

806 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

I can’t help feeling somewhat robbed.

There’s a stock where non exclusive rates are 15% – now that’s robbery! On the other hand there are stocks that give you 50% non-exclusively. So Audiojungle’s 33% is somewhere in the middle. In any case, it’s strange that you feel robbed – you signed up for it yourself after all.

424 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
Marbury-Media says

As Jhunger said, a sliding scale based on earnings would be a good compromise.

806 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

But what’s in it for Envato besides unnecessary waste of money?

424 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in United Kingdom
Marbury-Media says

The possibility of attracting more artists = more money made from sales.

by
by
by
by
by
by