427 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
Marbury-Media says

Firstly, I am grateful for my sales at Audio Jungle BUT when I see for example a file that sells for $8 giving me just $2.64 of the sale I can’t help feeling somewhat robbed. I have been here for a year and as an unexclusive I have made Audio Jungle a lot of money. For this our rates should surely get higher as a reward. To get files accepted here is sometimes time consuming enough as it is.

Other sites, one in particular that earns me the most revenue lets you set your own price AND gives you 50% of the sale.

Come on Audio Jungle, play it fair.

676 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

You might be frowning but Envato is smiling. They’ve raked in over 10million in revenue thanks to these percentages. I really doubt anything will change anytime soon.

427 posts
Marbury-Media says

This is the only site I know that gives such a low rate. If everybody here voiced their opinion perhaps they would listen.

582 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
Sophonic says

This is the only site I know that gives such a low rate. If everybody here voiced their opinion perhaps they would listen.

Nope, that doesn’t seem to work either.

2009 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

Hi marb67
Well, if you would be exclusive, you would get more ;). I would be happy when we get higher rates. But let me calculate something:
I don’t know excatly, but i would estimate you sold maybe items for about 1500$ ? (You have many samples for just 1$).
33% of this you received, so envato would have received 1005$.

Your Portfolio contains 592 items. To review them let’s say it takes 1minute for each. If a reviewer costs 60$ / hour (not just salary, but also administration, infrastructure etc..), it took them 10 hours to review only your files. That would have cost envato 600$!! But after all that they have to pay for the hosting, people that give free Support, adminsitration, buildings, telephones, travels, cars etc. and most of all marketing

OK, maybe my calculations maybe are not accurate, but i think, you should consider that all before beeing too frustrated and angry… :) A goal of a company must be to make money, otherwise they won’t exist next year anymore…

713 posts
  • Located in Poland
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
FxProSound says

Ian look at the license:) Here you have ONE time use license, on other sites the license is FOREVER use. And here you’ve got the extended license and at other places it not exists at all. IMHO for SFX is rather fair share. Music is a bit underpriced :)

427 posts
Marbury-Media says

A one time licence for SFX and not just music ?

842 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
gbiasillo says

The bundle 1/2 prices are also far too low as well IMO , and I actually pulled mine off the market this morning as I don’t think that my 16.5% cut (33% of 50% of the track prices) is a good return for myself.

128 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
SoundWavesMusic says

Hi marb67
Well, if you would be exclusive, you would get more ;). I would be happy when we get higher rates. But let me calculate something:
I don’t know excatly, but i would estimate you sold maybe items for about 1500$ ? (You have many samples for just 1$).
33% of this you received, so envato would have received 1005$.

Your Portfolio contains 592 items. To review them let’s say it takes 1minute for each. If a reviewer costs 60$ / hour (not just salary, but also administration, infrastructure etc..), it took them 10 hours to review only your files. That would have cost envato 600$!! But after all that they have to pay for the hosting, people that give free Support, adminsitration, buildings, telephones, travels, cars etc. and most of all marketing

OK, maybe my calculations maybe are not accurate, but i think, you should consider that all before beeing too frustrated and angry… :) A goal of a company must be to make money, otherwise they won’t exist next year anymore…

Mat Steiner, that is one good analysis my friend…

Marb67, seems that You have great number of sales, so get exclusive and You’ll get higher rates. You are loosing a lot of money this way.

427 posts
Marbury-Media says

I am earning far too much with other sites, partner sites etc to warrant doing that. That would be business sluiced for me.

Regarding the payment of Envito staff etc, all other sites have overheads like this too.

by
by
by
by
by
by