• Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
Final_Step says
silenceplease said
Tean said
Thumbanils and preview image are outside of the reviewing process (they get switched immediatelly). Although I did notice they somethimes got in the que.
well not always..or not in all the marketplaces. on graphicriver everything except description goes in review queue. on codecanyon only files updates and tags goes in review queue. on themeforest not sure why/how but it’s random.

On videohive I have updated my thumbnails all of them got changed immediately except for 3 particular projects that kept getting into the queue.

526 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
tanpopo says

don’t have experience on videohive but for sure it depends on the marketplace : )

2577 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says
SBJEWEL said
Hey guys i have a question, problem and suggestion ! I want to change my few item’s thumbnail and preview images both. But problem is they take so much time to review our update files. So why not take that thumbnail and preview option outside the reviewing process ? Guys need your opinion please… your opinion will help me a lot… Thanks. :)

Hey SB, I’d be glad to help answer that for you. :)

The marketplaces have rules and standards for preview images and thumbnails. There’s some things that we don’t allow. So it requires a human to review the thumbnail and preview image to make sure it conforms to our requirements. It ensures our marketplace files are always consistent, fair and as professional as possible. If you feel your file has been in the update queue for an unusually long time, you are welcome to contact support for further investigation. Please bear in mind however that reviewers do not typically work weekends so that may account for the delay processing your file on this occasion. Hope this helps! :)

832 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
SBJEWEL says

I just change one of my item’s thumbnail image…and it works so fast man…... Thanks for your valuable opinion…... :)

832 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
SBJEWEL says
scottwills said
SBJEWEL said
Hey guys i have a question, problem and suggestion ! I want to change my few item’s thumbnail and preview images both. But problem is they take so much time to review our update files. So why not take that thumbnail and preview option outside the reviewing process ? Guys need your opinion please… your opinion will help me a lot… Thanks. :)

Hey SB, I’d be glad to help answer that for you. :)

The marketplaces have rules and standards for preview images and thumbnails. There’s some things that we don’t allow. :)

What are those things really that you don’t allow…. ? Kinda confused…. :confused:

1402 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says
SBJEWEL said
What are those things really that you don’t allow…. ? Kinda confused…. :confused:

I bet nude pictures are on the don’t allow list :)

526 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
tanpopo says

and flying pink elephants too!

2577 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

What are those things really that you don’t allow…. ? Kinda confused….

Things like inappropriate content (naked pink elephants as you suggested ;) ), any preview images that might be misleading for example, when the preview image says the file does something but it actually does not, or maybe the preview image says it contains a PSD file but it does not. Previews that contain the wrong price are obviously misleading also – note – your preview image should not contain the price as a general rule in case the price changes, files in the wrong format, images that do not look professional enough, animated thumbnails that are excessively annoying, or promoting things that are not allowed (things like, “Buy this file and I’ll give you 3 of my other marketplace files for free”, which is not allowed). I’m sure there are many more issues per marketplace too but that should explain why they have to be reviewed when they’re updated.

2045 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Landonw says

Scott, is it allowed to put in your description:

“Enter your purchase code at xxxx.com for free WordPress plugins!”

10 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
neuthemes says
LandonWilson said
Scott, is it allowed to put in your description: “Enter your purchase code at xxxx.com for free WordPress plugins!”

Are you by any chance Landon Wilson from NHL ? Always knew that you’re a web developer in heart.

by
by
by
by
by
by