73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
MD9 says

I’m puzzled about something. Recently I made a few items for Graphic River and at least two of them are selling great. I even got a featured item! So I was looking at my items in Envato Analytics and it confirmed something I was suspicious about. My Audio Jungle items barely get any views!

I have only ever had meagre sales on AJ, though I am thankful for the sales I do have. I haven’t felt like it is the quality of my work that is the issue. I figured it is hard to get noticed among the ocean (or jungle, sorry) of music that continues to grow on AJ and I just need to expand my portfolio. Or maybe I was making music that people aren’t really looking for. I decided to make a ukelele, finger snapping, xylophone, toy piano song and it has indeed become my best seller. But then I just casually made a few things for Graphic River and now thanks to them May is going to bring in more $ for me than my previous 2 years on Envato combined!

When I look at the analytics, my stuff on Graphic River has gotten 70 to 300 views on their first day on the market. My music doesn’t get that many views in a month! Now, of course, visitors really want to click on the GR items to see the details whereas music can be previewed from the thumbnails on any page. That could explain a large part of the pageview difference, but then why the huge sales difference?

Perhaps somebody can look at my music and tell me it isn’t really that great. I would like to hear some statistics from an official Envato source about the amount of authors and web traffic and such, per each marketplace. I know ThemeForest is the busiest. What about the others? Has this been posted somewhere? I just read a 7 month old post claiming that AJ is doing amazing and growing a lot in sales, but I haven’t noticed. How do other peoples experiences compare? Those of you who have sold on multiple marketplaces, what is the “feel” you get for each one? I love to make music but it seems like if I actually want to make money on Envato I should concentrate on other things.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
Alex_MK says

Hi MD9 ! 1. I think AJ was never been the most profitable, among all Envato marketplaces. 2. I have such an activity according to analitics, and I think the most of the autors with brown paw have :) (joke) About sales growth – I didn’t noticed it too. May be we should to upload, upload and one more upload… And then we’ll have good sales.

395 posts
  • Located in Russian Federation
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
BigBouncyBright says

Hi MD9 ! 1. I think AJ was never been the most profitable, among all Envato marketplaces. 2. I have such an activity according to analitics, and I think the most of the autors with brown paw have :) (joke) About sales growth – I didn’t noticed it too. May be we should to upload, upload and one more upload… And then we’ll have good sales.
Sorry, I was logined with new account :)
842 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

AudioJungle is behind a few of the Envato sites in terms of sales but over the last couple of years, it has seen some of the healthiest growth. Just look on the popular items page as you can see, over all sale have increased. Top Authosr for April 2012 at 724 sales and top items for last week was from 47 sales down to 9 sales. Top Authors for April 2011 (exactly one year ago) at from 340 down to 68 sales with top items for that previous week from 22 sales down to 5 sales.

Go to Alexa.com and check all the Envato sites… AudioJungle.net is one of the lowest in popularity BUT one of the best (I think THE best) in healthiest growth: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/audiojungle.net# (for me it loads slowly so wait for it… but as you can see, STEADY growth its entire life).

So the point? Hang in there. In time, We’ll see more and more sales. :)

Also, search the other Envato sites on Alexa.com. See the difference…

1040 posts Where words leave off, music begins.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
AlumoAudio says

+1 Phil.

When I was looking to join an online marketplace for my music a few months back, I checked them all on Alexa, and could clearly see that AJ was steadily rising, in terms of popularity. And this is exactly the reason I chose to sell my music here. Sure, it can be slow here at times, but going by the statistics, site popularity and sales can only increase.

And we must remember, AJ is still a relatively young site, so I feel lucky to be here in it’s early days and not feel too much like a drop in an ocean!

842 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

And we must remember, AJ is still a relatively young site, so I feel lucky to be here in it’s early days and not feel too much like a drop in an ocean!

And a +1 right back to you!

It IS a young site, when you look at the grand scheme. When you look at the fact that the top authors are thousands of sales ahead of you, you can feel like a drop in the ocean… But keep an eye on the grand scheme and you’ll see that these top authors have been adding consistently for years and building their clientele way before the majority of us. Kudos to them for picking a site years ago that would grow into what it is today. I only wish I was one of them… but to be a part of this site as it’s only like 5 years old, is a great opportunity as it will one day be 50 years old (think of all the different year membership badges they are going to have to keep making…)

We are on the ground floor of the Apple of royalty-free stock audio sites, people. Keep your head up and be patient! Think loooooooooong term. Good things come to those who wait.

:)

73 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
MD9 says

Thanks Phil, that is a helpful explanation of things. I didn’t know where to look for web stats like that. Actually, I did see a sharp boost in my AJ sales starting in January for some reason, but that pales in comparison to the rocketing sales I have for May thanks to two GR items. At this rate it will actually be worth all the time I spent preparing them! Well, I will keep making music because I enjoy it and I still want to become more professional in it but for the foreseeable future it won’t be a profitable endeavor. 3DOcean seems to be doing the worst for some sad reason. I wish it was better because I was actually trained in 3D graphics, and 3D artists could save tons of time with the stuff on there.

by
by
by
by
by
by