497 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
bosone says

I uploaeded all my new items in august, even if i have registered on AJ on april 2012. Before 3 august I had no items in AJ. So, all the 8 sales I made were in august. And I regard myself as a “new” author…

but i don’t see myself in the top august authors list… why?? the first one has 68 Items. I have 52, so number of items does not count… the last one has just 5 sales, so I should be in the list with my 8 sales. registration date should not count, since there are members, in the list, registered on April 2011 and November 2009. It should cound, if I understand well, that you should begin to sell your items in august.

so… can anyone give me a reason? I must admit i’m a bit upset for this.. it could have been an important showcase! :(

449 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
D_Cooper says

Your first item was uploaded in July – this is the reason.

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Finland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
scoringaudiogeeks says

It’s more like first sale on July – http://audiojungle.net/item/caressing-the-harp/2750931 does this sale appear on July in your statement?

497 posts
  • Italy
bosone says

I have no statements for july, the first sale is on 3 august, that was the date i was referring to in the first post, since the first upload is actually on the end of july (on 26), i did not remember well.

is this the reason? if so, then it’s really a pity. :<

14 posts
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • France
Bensound says

Hi, i also thought it was the sale date that counted but as my first sale was in August and i am not listed either it must be the upload date. Too bad for me :-(

497 posts
  • Italy
bosone says

let’s hope to receive an official answer!

575 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Sophonic says

I don’t think first sale date means a thing, I’m sure it goes by first upload date, which for you was July 26th. You were new as of July. Sorry, but congrats on the good start.

678 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Poland
FxProSound says

Hey guys do not be so frustrated with ranks like this – it’s not affecting sales at all, just fun:)

Stuck_in_the_Basement
Stuck_in_the_Basement Recent Posts Threads Started
466 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has attended an Envato Live event
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Reviewer
+4 more
Stuck_in_the_Basement Reviewer says

The top new authors list does not seem to always reflect the reality of the marketplace.
I was one sale shy of making it last month, but I caught up the following weeks to reach 14 sales, and this with only 5 items.
So technically, I measure with the authors that are featured this month, but yet have nothing to show for it.
This is frustrating for new authors like bosone and me. I wish the staff would refine the requirements. One can only hope…
This said, the authors who were featured in July do not seem to have had substantial increase in sales, so I am not sure that customers really pay that much attention to the list.

The_Auditory_Group
The_Auditory_Group Recent Posts Threads Started
32 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
The_Auditory_Group says

Ya I was in a similar boat to you bosone. After doing some research the other day I found out that its from the moment you first upload a track. I uploaded my first track on july 28th then had a decent august but obviously no sales in july which was technically my first month. If we had waited a few more days to upload our first track then I believe we would have made it on that list.

But it’s alright, just keep cranking out quality tracks, and one day you’ll have your moment to shine somewhere else on aj!

All the best and good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by