632 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says

I don’t get it.

Why do items that claim they “protect” your CSS /HTML/JS get approved? You can’t protect client side code that the client is able to see.

5490 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

I am amazed also, in fact I have commented on a couple of the latest items, I am somewhat bewildered as to how these files are getting thru Envatos, usual stringent system.

The css protector, whilst clever in its theory, was severley flawed.

Not to mention, it stated it was 100% secure… hmm

But ho hum…

Perhaps the best method for protecting css, is to use import, functions and some php trickery.

Im no expert tho, and that file that has since Gorn.. well , yep LAME to say the least

330 posts No! It's not a 5 minute job!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
WebFactory says

There is no way to protect client-side code. That’s why it’s called “client-side” :) There are ways to hide it, obfuscate it and generally make stealing a bit more difficult.

As far as the item goes – I’m not thrilled either by it’s “propaganda” but other than that it’s fine.

632 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Thecodingdude says
SportTipsWorld said
I am amazed also, in fact I have commented on a couple of the latest items, I am somewhat bewildered as to how these files are getting thru Envatos, usual stringent system.

The css protector, whilst clever in its theory, was severley flawed.

Not to mention, it stated it was 100% secure… hmm

But ho hum…

Perhaps the best method for protecting css, is to use import, functions and some php trickery.

Im no expert tho, and that file that has since Gorn.. well , yep LAME to say the least

Exactly. How he can claim that it is “100% secure” is beyond me.

Anyway, I’ll leave you with a little note (please excuse his awful grammar – this was via email):

“i deleted it permenantly.

i felt the way ppl are speaking to me is so offending. so no need to sell that item..

thanks”

As far as I am aware, none of our comments were offensive at all, just pointing out such a clear flaw in the product, which was obscenely priced at $9…Bit late for April fools now Envato…

5490 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

Seems a shame he deleted it, now less people have the opportunity of enjoying it

Oh Well, such is life.

Just cant wait for the js and html 100% secure code hider now.

607 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+10 more
Siddharth Envato team says

I think it’s appropriate that I step in here.

Yes, I know that the CSS can be viewed through Firebug or similar utilities. As slightly flummoxing as the name is, the item does have legitimate uses which is why it got approved. Just because it doesn’t fit in with your intended spectrum of use doesn’t mean it’s ‘useless’.

Does it have a link bait-ish title? Yes. Does it matter? Not really. As long as the description is clear, I really don’t see the point with propaganda.

I also don’t see the point of publicly calling out an item and the author. What purpose does this serve? Have a problem with an approved file? Contact support. Email the reviewers. There are so many alternative, non-disruptive options available. The CodeCanyon community is quite small and inciting hostility doesn’t really help anyone.

A little more civility and respect. Please.

by
by
by
by
by
by