243 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

I am a little bit confused. Why is it not possible to sell tracks with a samplerate of 48 which ist better and “standard”? Musiclibaries I have contact to also told me this. Now I uploaded about 6 tracks which took me a long time and now I got a soft rejected item again rejected because its 48 samplerate (i “oversampled” it from 44.1 to 48) Best wishes Crian

1528 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I’m pretty sure (but not certain) that you can upload tracks of any bit depth and sample rate in addition to the required formats. Often video guys work with 48Khz audio so I can understand your confusion :)

394 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Elite Author
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+4 more
Dirtyflint says
Because…
http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/sample-rate-bit-rate-changes-effective-from-august-23rd/29031?page=2#284150
Happy reading!
;)

Hey guys,

All being well, we will be going live with these changes on Monday August 23rd. As a reminder:

Sample Rate Standardization

We are going to be standardizing the Sample Rate of ALL submissions to 44.1 kHz. This means, no more 48 kHz submissions or any other variations for that matter.

Audio Resolution Standardization

All audio MUST be 16-bit Stereo. 24-bit or any other resolution will no longer be allowed.

Bit Rate Standardization

We are also going to be standardizing the requirements for mp3 content. All main file mp3 content MUST have a Bit Rate of 320 kbps. Submissions containing 128 kbps or any other variation will no longer be allowed. The ONLY exception is preview files. Preview files can be 128 kbps as a minimum, up to a maximum of 320 kbps.

IMPORTANT

Please make sure any items in our queue by Monday August 23rd comply to these new requirements. In other words, start preparing your files like this from now on. :) Your file will be soft-rejected and you will be invited to fix and resubmit your file if your submissions do not meet our new criteria.

Thank you for everyone’s co-operation. :)
243 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Thank you for your answers. So if I sell something on Audiojungle and one person privately asks me wether I can send him this one with 48.000 for a teaser/trailer or something like this I always have to save it in 44.1 for AJ and 48. for actual use? This will be pretty annoying if you always have to change the settings from one sample rate to another in your project. Wellokay this is kind of funny as I now have to save everything I uploaded on Audiojungle today again to 44.1. (means 18x saving in cubase :D)

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Art-of-Sound says
have to change the settings from one sample rate to another in your project.
Why simply not convert to a desirable rate? No quality loss takes place in conversion since there’s no audible information for human ear in rates higher than 40 khz, so 44.1 is already an overkill. Higher rates are only usable for digital processing.
160 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Pianojungle says

I don’t want to start a huge discussion here about sound quality because there already have been numerous discussions about this topic on the AJ forum, but at this point 44.1 kHz is still the standard and I’m pretty sure you will receive few mails asking for 48kHz files, if at all.
Firstly, because half of the buyers has never even heard about 48k and secondly whilst theoretically the quality of 48k is higher, you can’t hear the difference unless you start slowing it down very drastically.
I would rather put the effort in writing some more epic tracks for your already epic portfolio.

2013 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I don’t want to start a huge discussion here about sound quality because there already have been numerous discussions about this topic on the AJ forum, but at this point 44.1 kHz is still the standard and I’m pretty sure you will receive few mails asking for 48kHz files, if at all.

I second that. I’ve never ever been asked about 48kHz files, so that makes it 0 out of 5100+ :)

4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
Nikita_Dujin says

44.1 is standard. That is because, you can hear (if you are lucky) from 20Hz to 20kHZ, by Nyquist theorem, conversion (A/D,D/A(recording,and playback)) is successful if the rate of sampling is 2x times higher than sound in real life… 48000 is case for video, and main difference is that you have better dynamic range (and dynamic range is death in modern music). So don’t be disappointed. :)

243 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Thanks for your answers! I don’t know. I mainly get my money by collaborating with music librarys and trailerhouses and they told me to send them my demos/tracks in 48000. Sure the “usual” listener won’t hear any differences between 44.1 and 48000 I was just wondering why it’s not possible to upload 48000 on audiojungle. Well. Hopefully it will be just a “soft reject” :)

160 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Europe
Pianojungle says

48000 is case for video, and main difference is that you have better dynamic range (and dynamic range is death in modern music). So don’t be disappointed. :)

Sample rate has nothing to do with the dynamic range. Dynamic range is affected by the bitrate. The reason why video makers use 48000Hz has something to do with the framerate of the videos. But modern video editing packages can handle this very well.

by
by
by
by
by
by