302 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • India
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
DarkLand says

Me and another author from videohive live in coimbatore.

Thats me :) Have a wonderful jurney :D

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • India
+2 more
nCrafts says

Well, you don’t get a hotel room for $5. It’s more of a cheap lodge. But if all you need is a place to sleep and keep your luggage in, it’s a good bet. Don’t expect cleanliness at this price.

Johnny, You don’t sound like a person who likes crowds. Otherwise, I’d have recommended taking an evening trip from CST to Virar in a Virar fast local (in Mumbai). Journey of a lifetime.

PS: from Mumbai here.

2964 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • United States
TNL3542 says

everytime me and my wife stays at a hotel.. it must be clean.. and a safe in the room to store personal stuff etc.. i remember paying 300.00 per night

280 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
johnnybd says

Hotels are great, but in the best places I’ve ever seen in my life, they just dont exist.
They do exist in big touristic cities, if that’s your thing.
Luxurious wallpapers and a Minibar just doesn’t float this boat anymore.
Here’s where I’ve spent the last 3 months creating the last 3 templates. The price is 300 rupees a night, which is according to 22/12/2012 is $5.62
True, it’s not shiny and glossy. But it’s wonderfully isolated, there is a neighbour family that owns the house and takes great care of you. Supermarket near by which groceries that are cheap, a Simple but practical Kitchen where you can cook. Neighbouring Cows and Buffalos which produce some of the finest Curd and Milk (50 rupees total 2 liter, 1 of each), a Lemon tree, Flowers, Himalaya views on clear days (those photos aren’t good in that sense)
There’s a Computer desk and chair with a Panoramic Glass window behind it facing the Mountains.
Fireplace (Tandoori) , flowers, butterflies, monkeys, dogs, starry nights, fresh air, waterfalls.
Neighboring backpackers who live around the mountain and meet up in a cafe up the hill every day.
So yeah, the walls aren’t freshly painted, it’s very basic, and the toilet requires you to crouch :).
The sheets might be not so stylish – but I take it over any Carlton, Hilton, W or whatnot, and still understand those who choose not to.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

^ That is monthly rented house, probably new one and looks great!

However in the previous post, I just wanted to point that the hotel rooms can’t be compared with rented house / cottages in terms of cost! Btw, it is nice that you manage to do some work in the mean time! :)

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
+2 more
nCrafts says

For 300 bucks that pretty good, and clean. I suppose you get the credit for cleanliness. You seem to be having a good time. It’s just that 300 is too less for a decent accommodation in a metro like Mumbai. I pay a monthly rent of 10,000 for a shared apartment what isn’t 1/10th of the above house. It was a wise decision choosing this place over a metro.

Indian countryside can be amazing, if it’s not polluted.

280 posts
  • Exclusive Author
johnnybd says

@^VF: You can actually rent it for a shorter period ( 3 – 4 nights ), for pretty much the same price. it will be around 300 – 400 for a single and 500 – 600 for a couple . If you ever want the Getaway up north, I’ll give you the owners phone #. The place is called Kasar Devi, you can look it up on Wikipedia.
working from there is easy – it’s peaceful , quite, and truly relaxing. Thanks to Envato, getting paid while chilling on a hammock, reading a book, or taking a long stroll only motivates me to create. More than sitting in some fluorescent-lit office, or at home does.
The Idea Netsetter 3g netstick gave me a decent connection and whenever I needed to upload big files
I went to the Cafe (Mohan’s Cafe) and had delicious food and drinks while using the WiFi which was very fast.

@nCrafts its 300 rupees rather than 300 bucks :) big difference there. Regarding the credit for the cleanliness – I cant take credit for that – Price includes Electricity, Water & Cleaning bills. Uma the daughter of the neighboring family does a fantastic job when it comes to cleaning, watering the plants / flowers etc. They also have a super cute dog called “Daboo” who is a great friend and loves to share food (assuming you’re the one cooking and providing)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Thanks for the info johnnybd!

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
+2 more
nCrafts says

Sounds great. Planning to stay back longer?

I want to know more :P Do you have a blog?

280 posts
  • Exclusive Author
johnnybd says

@nCrafts – yes, actually – people have said the name “Varkala” on 2 different occasions , so in the last minute the train ticket was extended to Kerala ! what an amazing place this is… will check out Kodaikanal on the way back. Regarding a blog, no. :)
India is such an incredible place, hard to imagine a few days ago it was snowy and cold and now its tropical and warm! if any peeps from Kerala are here in Varkala it would be great to meet up!

by
by
by
by
by
by