72 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
fraserpurdie says

Was just watching an old film there and got me thinking who or what inspired all the various talented musicians on here to get started composing!?

Im self taught, but the score fore John Carpenters Assault On Precinct 13 really stuck in my head as a kid (yeah my dad let me watch some violent films as a kid!) It still brings me back to when I first really noticed music in films….

99 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • United States
RandallKHarp says

I started writing songs when I got my first guitar at age 14 and was mainly doing original songwriting when I got my first hardware sequencer (Alesis MMT-8) in my early 20’s (garage bands in between [as a guitarist, bassist, or keyboard player]). Although I’ve enjoyed music from film and TV since I was a boy, I didn’t score my first film until age 36 – out of curiosity – when a friend was making his master’s thesis project for film school. I was hooked and my musical efforts since have been mostly focused on composing instrumental music for visual media. My awareness of particular composers has developed along the way.

by
by
by
by
by
by