243 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says

Hello Community,

since you helped me a lot with my other question I would like to ask you wether you have any idea how the percussion sounds were created on tracks like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ-QLl5qjLg

I guess it is a real orchestra, but how to achieve this sound with VST ? Are there any cheap/free VST for this sound?

Regards Chris

263 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
SkyProductions says

TSFH mostly hire real orchestras. But I would say about 1/3 is VI’s. Unfortunately you will need to invest in some sounds to get close to that sound. I actually indirectly worked with Thomas remotely on an “Extreme Music” project about 1 and a half ago. Probably the highlight of my career ;) Even though I still haven’t seen any money from it :(

Look into Eastwest, ProjectSAM, 8dio, Soundiron, Cinesamples, and Spitfire

243 posts
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Located in Germany
+2 more
Crian says
Ah this sounds pretty exciting, wow! I took a listen to some of your compositions. Exactly this sound on the first track: http://audiojungle.net/item/cinematic-and-epic-pack-vol-1/1469066 How did you achieve that? I mean is it a simple snare? I work with Philharmonics Miroslav which is not that bad but I don’t get how to get this great orchestra percussion sound ..
263 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
SkyProductions says

The snare in that track is a combination of Eastwest Symphonic Orchestra Platinum Percussion and RMX by Spectrasonics. EWSO strings, brass, and woodwinds got replaced by “Hollywood Strings, Brass, and Woodwinds”. Hollywood Percussion is still in production.

However I did make this over 2 years ago so I wish that wasn’t the first track you heard, but thank you!

You can PM me if you need any more help of ideas getting your studio going.

302 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

Crian, you can also check out this very informative thread on the subject of Orchestral/Cinematic Libraries and VSTs.

I suggest you take a look in detail at all the posts, links, and sound examples that fellow AJ authors have provided in that quite insightful thread.

Good luck!

243 posts
+2 more
Crian says

Ah, very cool thread you told me about, just took a look. The problem is I don’t have enough money to buy all these VST . Are there any GOOD and free VST though?

1179 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Member of the Envato Team Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says
243 posts
+2 more
Crian says

Thank you! :)

By the way, is there a VSTi that creates real choir sounds? It would be great to be able to write a text which the choir has to sing, is this possible?

33 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has sold $1+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
FarazSaremi says

Yes, as far as I know EastWest Symphonic Choirs has a software called Word Builder that you can write your words in the software and edit that as you like.

(excuse me for my poor English)

263 posts
+3 more
SkyProductions says

Thank you! :) By the way, is there a VSTi that creates real choir sounds? It would be great to be able to write a text which the choir has to sing, is this possible?

Yes but Eastwest is definitely the most dated. To my ears Olympus is the best sounding Choir. I have Requiem Light and VOXOs but I downloaded the $10 demo(unlimited time limit) and it just sounds crisp. Very fluid.

by
by
by
by
by
by