243 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Hello Audiojungle

It’s been a while but I was working hard for the last months and finally bought some stuff by ProjektSAM (it’s awesome!) as some of you said the quality of my records was not that good (which I can totally unterline). Now I wanted to ask you:

Is there any type of especially cinematic/orchestral music that gets sold very fast? alternatively, is there any special request for instance for really dark and misterious music? or for intros (30 seconds .. ?) I just ask because I started my studys (business law) this month and I guess it will cost a lot of time but I for sure will make some music for AJ (that people hopefully will buy). Have a nice day,

Crian

773 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
StudioEtude says

Hi! You can listen to the category of popular files, and sort them on how many sales. This way, you will understand what sells well. I think that this will help you! Good Luck)

243 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

Thank you! Well, I did, but it shows files that are three years old for example. And maybe (because of the influence of the HZ soundtracks like “Batman” and “Inception” people want more dark and scary music? Isn’t it like fashion? Sometimes people want to hear more heroic music and sometimes they want to hear this really gritty music .. Is there any trend?

773 posts
  • Exclusive Author
StudioEtude says

Thank you! Well, I did, but it shows files that are three years old for example. And maybe (because of the influence of the HZ soundtracks like “Batman” and “Inception” people want more dark and scary music? Isn’t it like fashion? Sometimes people want to hear more heroic music and sometimes they want to hear this really gritty music .. Is there any trend?
In any case, the top authors are there – not just because! These trends, you can track this way: select any author with 3-10 page of the “Top Authors” and follow his creativity and style of tracks, which are selling well…. that way you will understand what customers like and what trends are present :) Of course, it will take a lot of time, but I think the time will come, when you for your hard work will be rewarded
243 posts
  • Germany
  • Exclusive Author
Crian says

You’re right. I will try to get some inspiration by these artists. :) Do you have any ideas which main VSTi most of them use? I now have Symphobia 2 and EW Requiem Light but I still need some more detailled orchestra sounds like Celli, Bass and especially a piano!

1545 posts
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

You’re right. I will try to get some inspiration by these artists. :) Do you have any ideas which main VSTi most of them use? I now have Symphobia 2 and EW Requiem Light but I still need some more detailled orchestra sounds like Celli, Bass and especially a piano!

I’m not a top author, but I use EWQL Symphonic Oochestra Gold with close mic position extra. This has violins, violas, cello, contrabass, lots of brass, woodwinds, small amount of percussion and a nice Steinway piano too :) Everything has tons of articulations, it’s awesome in my opinion.

501 posts Epic Trailer Music
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
+1 more
MartijndeBont says

+1 for EWQL Symphonic Orchestra Gold. I don’t use it very often since I’m not really into orchestral stuff, but when I use it it just always delivers what I need, and it’s not that expensive!

I’ve heard a lot of good stuff from Albion Spitfire. I don’t use it myself but what I’ve heared from it was very promising.

EDIT : As for what sells best, there’s no obvious trend on my portfolio, though people seem to really like my very intense industrial stuff a lot lately.

Allround, people tend to buy what they find, so all my items that are used in Videohive items sell best.

I’m also noticing that people really like it when items have alternate versions included plus separate cuts of hits and intros / outros and looped versions. So if you can, be sure to add those to your item.

Good luck!

159 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
James-Lee-Grey says

You may try to do some orchestral logos. There are more chances that they will be bought soon. Another hits are: trailer, teaser music or music for something like a intro for titles, which are should be suitable for works from category “Openers” and “Titles” on VideoHive for example.
You may look at some of them here and here :)

I’m also noticing that people really like it when items have alternate versions included plus separate cuts of hits and intros / outros and looped versions. So if you can, be sure to add those to your item.
yeah, that’s true )
41 posts
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
Fabo says

I noticed that dramatic, epic trailer music in the style of immediate music, two steps from hell, audiomachine etc. sells really well, though it is hard to get such a good sound out of sample libraries. If you are looking for more orchestral sample libraries, I would take a look at these:

Strings – L.A. Scoring String Percussion – Drums of War 1+2 Brass: Cinebrass Woodwind: CineWinds or Berlin Woodwinds Ensemble: Albion and Symphobia 1

PatrickAThompson
PatrickAThompson Recent Posts Threads Started
144 posts
  • United States
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
PatrickAThompson says

What a great question! The answer, however, might be a bit disheartening..

I recently earned a Master Certificate for Orchestration for TV\Film from Berklee College of music… I say that not to brag, but to tell you how passionate I am about orchestral film scores. That’s my ‘art’...

On AJ, however, the sales of my orchestral tracks are few and only occasional.

My best-selling track is a little rhythmic\corporate track that took a few hours and very little ‘art’ to complete.

I hesitate to say that it’s a trend in and of itself—but I do think that the lighter, less art-y sound sells better on AJ.

I’ve got an entire 1TB hard drive full of amazing sample libraries for whatever style I need to approach (but always want more :) ) I do have my favorites, like Symphobia’s bass\cello patch with the synth bass. It gives me a great, full (but clear) bass. I also like Omnisphere a great deal for corporate synth-y kind of things.

All of this to say – if you’re into orchestral music … Write it! Eventually, someone WILL buy it.

by
by
by
by
by
by