1362 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
WebSmacker says

I am creating a custom CMS for a project and would like to use a framework to help speed up development. From the research I’ve done so far, I’m leaning towards CodeIgniter or Yii. Can you please post your experience with PHP frameworks and which one you prefer? Looking forward to your replies :)

82 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
mySudi says

I am creating a custom CMS for a project and would like to use a framework to help speed up development. From the research I’ve done so far, I’m leaning towards CodeIgniter or Yii. Can you please post your experience with PHP frameworks and which one you prefer? Looking forward to your replies :)

I would recommend you do your own framework, as it will give you full control over your project.

1362 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Thanks for your suggestion. I considered this, but I’m hiring a programmer to work with on this and some other projects and I would like a framework to speed up development. Anyone else have any suggestions for an already built framework?

40 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • United Kingdom
oscardog says

CodeIgniter is a really nice framework. Not only is it relatively easy to use with good documentation, it’s very lightweight – especially when compared to something like Zend. It’s my personal choice :)

82 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
mySudi says

CodeIgniter is a really nice framework. Not only is it relatively easy to use with good documentation, it’s very lightweight – especially when compared to something like Zend. It’s my personal choice :)

Yea you are absolutely right!

1362 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
WebSmacker says

Yea you are absolutely right!

Thanks! That’s the one I was leaning towards, I just wanted input from this awesome community. CodeIgniter it is! :)

30 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Poland
azimgd says

I would recommend you do your own framework, as it will give you full control over your project.

No way, it isn’t good idea unless you are super php guru (Why someone should develop new bicycle, while there is already good ones ?).

I would suggest author to use yii or laravel.

by
by
by
by
by
by