Hello fellow authors,
I am very interested to hear what you consider your own strongest and weakest point in web design, and how you use it to your advantage, to stand out, or how you combat it.
Personally, I think that animation is my strong suit, and I like to emphasize it in my designs. I used to be pidgeonholed into Flash before jQuery came around, now I have the power in my hands (of sorts :-)).
Typography is certainly, and by far, my weakest point. I always seem to pick worse fonts and styles than my 4-year old nephew would
Thus, I try to design templates and themes, that rely mostly on animation and attracting the eye, rather than clean and typography designs, that would emphasize my flaws.
How about you?
- Any code really, like making a template easily customisable with one variable
- Creative ideas, easy to think of a bit harder to impliment
- Design, mainly working out why it doesn’t look good :/!
- mix-matching colors
- clean code
- basic jquery animations
- Totally useless in designing web ui elements
- amateur at picking fonts
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.