Another vote for PhpStorm here.
If you grab the EAP (ie: Beta) version of PhpStorm it is completely free:http://confluence.jetbrains.com/display/WI/Web+IDE+EAP
I have a PhpStorm licence but I do all my development in the Beta because I like seeing the new features
Sublime text 3 (yes, there are an upcoming new version much improved)
I would recommend you Sublime if you don’t want to use NP++ anymore, however personally I love the NP++.
And this is how you revive a 7 months old thread! With a spam message!
Your question should be: Which php editor do you prefer, and why? I use Sublime Text 2. I’ve tried DreamWeaver and Aptana. ST2 has all the features I need and is lightning fast when compared to DW or Aptana. And now I can’t imagine living without the multi-select feature of ST2.
I use Netbeans…no one else seems to use it though O_0
- code shortcuts
- autocomplete & automatic interface implementation!
- show function documentation from php.net directly in Editor
- support for documentation tools like phpdoc
- Git , Mercurial , subversion!
- automatic builds
- Interface for DB CRUD
- find syntax errors , unused variables, annotations for method overrides , ...
- RegEx search
- Debugger “watchers, breakpoints, ...”
- the newest netbeans , have HTML5 project option!
- FOSS “free ,open source” , supported by Oracle
- You will need to look at their website to get the big list!
- finally , i only mentioned a fraction of php editing features, look at js , html , css, other supported languages!