515 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
JonBuice says

It is more about technique/listening environment/mixing than the plugins themselves. :)
+100 !
I agree, it’s much more complicated than ‘what plug-ins?’ If used wrongly, any plug-in can destroy your sound!

Remember, every plug-in you introduce adds a little bit of noise :) They don’t “improve” sound, they manipulate it.

213 posts Live Creative!
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+4 more
BrownHouseMedia says

I have to say the Waves SSL bundle was a game changer for me. The closest thing to a real console eq I have used to date. You can be more aggressive with this eq without the harshness that generally goes along with digital eqs.

169 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Neon_Music says

It is more about technique/listening environment/mixing than the plugins themselves. :)
+100 !
I agree, it’s much more complicated than ‘what plug-ins?’ If used wrongly, any plug-in can destroy your sound!
Remember, every plug-in you introduce adds a little bit of noise :) They don’t “improve” sound, they manipulate it.

+1)) well said ;)

611 posts
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Has referred 100+ members
+3 more
Basspartout says

For me IK Multimedia T-RackS works as a huge timesaver in the mastering process. Most of the time a quick tweak of one of the presets gives a track a nice warmth, precence and loudness. To achieve a significantly better result, I would need to invest muuuch earlier in the signal chain than any plugin(s), which means better microphones and preamps for starters.
And of course every plugin “manipulates” the sound, that’s what they are made for. If it improves it or makes it worse only depends on the ears of the one controlling it.

by
by
by
by
by
by