933 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

From few weeks ago Lynx Aurora 16. Before that i used Presonus FP10

What do you think of the Aurora? When I was looking for interfaces recently I nearly got an Aurora 8 but opted for the RME UCX because it was newer and less $$, but since I’m not using the preamps anyway I’m thinking now that I would have been better off opting for the reputed higher quality conversion of Lynx (or Lavry, Apogee, etc.). Do you hear a big difference over the Presonus converters?

256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
kristijanf says

to JHUNGER :

Compared to Presonus converters ,difference is very big. Even if you just play a cd with Aurora, you hear it. Aurora is very detailed, and vety clean, especially on high frequencies.

Presonus is nice , very simple and compact device, which i still have home, but Aurora is the thing you can have for many years without having to go for a better converters.

Firstly i wanted to buy RME FF800 , because i have a respect to that company,and really love it. Two friends of mine have RME ,and are extremely satisfied.RME is very simple and easy to use. But i had a good offer to get 16 channels, and i need no preamps, since i already have few preamps.And everuthing i read about AURORA was that it is excellent converter But i think you did not make mistake choosing RME , definitely!

933 posts Go Acoustic!
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+5 more
jhunger says

to JHUNGER :

Compared to Presonus converters ,difference is very big. Even if you just play a cd with Aurora, you hear it. Aurora is very detailed, and vety clean, especially on high frequencies.

Presonus is nice , very simple and compact device, which i still have home, but UAurora is the thing you can have for many years without having to go for a better converters.

Firstly i wanted to buy RME FF800 , because i have a respect to that company,and really love it. Two friends of mine have RME ,and are extremely satisfied.RME is very simple and easy to use. But i had a good offer to get 16 channels, and i need no preamps, since i already have few preamps.And everuthing i read about AURORA was that it is excellent converter But i think you did not make mistake choosing RME , definitely!

Thanks, Kris! That’s good info, and you’ve put my mind at ease :). I agree RME is a great company, and the UCX is a good value for the $$.

256 posts God always geometrizes
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
kristijanf says

Anytime, Joel!

Cheers!

12 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
daddy_z says

I use Echo Layla 3g on my desktop pc and M Audio fast track pro on my laptop

496 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
JType says

Focusrite Saffire 6 here. Pretty nice for the price actually. Preamps are solid and it’s very well-built.

Would love to upgrade for more features, but other things (new monitors, for example) take higher priority for me. :)

110 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Catch22Music says

I am considering getting a new audio interface so this thread has been really helpful.

I am wondering whether to wait a little while, as surely there are going to be new audio interfaces using the USB 3 .0 spec out at some point?

Would hate to spend 500 quid for a nice fast USB 3 .0 compliant sound card to come out on the market!

Bob

70 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+5 more
BeatheBeat says

I’ve been using the Apogee Ensemble for the last few years (an upgrade from my old MOTU 828 ) I’m quite happy with it so far…! :)

60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
TheRedGiant says

I’m using a Line 6 UX2 with no regrets. It also has cool VU meters to make it look extra retro, and worth the price alone! LOL

Hehe. Same here. My little UX2 has been my loyal best friend for several years now :>

I’ve heard good things about the Saffire 6, though. I’d like to try it out one day.

by
by
by
by
by
by