WhyAudioTastesBetter Recent Posts Threads Started
83 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
WhyAudioTastesBetter says

I’m one half of an Electro band, we make and play a certain style of electro.

The AJ/License sites are a great outlet for me because Ilike to write so many styles, in the outside world I am limited to what I write because of what people expect from us as a band.

2176 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+6 more
urbazon says

Computer Engineer university student, getting the diploma (5 year programme) after the summer. Mostly oriented towards software engineering, DSP , and Maths. Writing thesis on Mobile Development.

oh, hello there, colleague. We’re in the same field of studies, as it seems ;) Correction: similar field of studies, since I am not quite into software engineering :)

302 posts
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
alkis says

Computer Engineer university student, getting the diploma (5 year programme) after the summer. Mostly oriented towards software engineering, DSP , and Maths. Writing thesis on Mobile Development.
oh, hello there, colleague. We’re in the same field of studies, as it seems ;) Correction: similar field of studies, since I am not quite into software engineering :)

Awww yeah. 8-)

1183 posts 12 notes. Unlimited potential.
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
garethcoker Envato team says

Professional procrastinator.

TheDigitalOrchestra
TheDigitalOrchestra Recent Posts Threads Started
11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
TheDigitalOrchestra says

I am a semi-pro keyboardist and trumpet player, that is I currently earn about half my income through gigging with a function band (mainly weddings) and other gigs such as show work. Until 2 weeks from now, the other half of my income has been as a projectionist/projection manager for a multiplex cinema – that is coming to an end due to the rise of digital cinema. In anticipation of this I have been working to increase my musical income for the last year and a half. For the near future that will include expanding into “cocktail pianist” territory, and hopefully composing. One rejection so far, but not down-hearted – looking forward to the challenge! Incidentally, does anyone know how you get separate “exclusive” and “non-exclusive” portfolios – would that be the reserve of the elite author, perhaps? :)

101 posts
  • Located in Canada
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
JCKerosene says

I was just browsing the forums and catching up on some reading and would just like to mention I enjoyed reading Tims response, to a comments. He wanted us to know that it is possible if you hang in there and believe you can find success in music. Heck it may not even be here, maybe you try ten things and then you find it. I have personally written Tim, not just for advice but to say hello as he seems like a nice guy and obviously very knowledgeable, friendly and positive. Although I’m still learning and will be fighting my way through for awhile, Tim has given me some very useful encouragement. I’m sure he gets alot of messages. In my opinion he is a class act and deserves all success he is receiving. I have learned and continue to learn more about the puzzle from him because, he is open to helping others if they are open to listening. I’m choosing to look at him and top authors as authorities, and respect their experience and in keeping an open mind about what it takes to find what can make you unique and make it shine. I’m in it for the long haul and just want to openly thank Tim and authors like him who are paving the way for those who are interested in learning.

JC

12 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
daddy_z says

video editor on a local TV station

748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

@ Permian,

Thanks for the good wishes.

I do get a pension, but it isn’t enough to pay for the house I am in, and if I sell this house, I lose so much more. My wife and I sunk a large amouint of money into this house before the economy fell through; pretty much all of our savings. At the time, it seemed like the thing to do. No one with any real financial background advised us otherwise, and who would at the time? Houses and land always went up in value, for years and years and years. But right after we put all of our money into the house, the “housing balloon” busted, and the market value on the house has fallen every year since. So we are using what little money we have left, and a lot of help from family, to keep the house in hopes that things change in the future. Funny thing is, I would be happy staying in this house for the rest of my life. It’s not great, but it is my house and I love it.

But all is not bad. I am making some sales here on AJ, so every little bit helps. I have only been living like this for one year now, so that is good. At least I haven’t had to live like Tim mentioned, not for as many years yet anyway. I feel for him.

I am trying to make the best of things, and this is a great opportunity because I can work on my numerous music projects in between looking for jobs. I spend a lot more time, probably more than I ever have in my life, working on music now.

I also get to spend tons of time with my family, which I couldn’t do before. So that’s another positve. And I am sure that in time, things will work out for the best. Somehow the big guy in the sky always takes care of me.

Anyway, I see a bright future for AudioJungle and Envato. These marketplaces are going to just keep growing, because there is a great need for the products we are providing here, with no end currently in site. How many businesses are growing like Envato is right now? Probably not many. And, how many stock websites out there take care of their authors as well as Envato does? Probably very few. Also, how many stock sites listen to their authors the way Envato does? Probably none. None that I have found at least!

So for now, I guess I am a full-time musician. Just what I always wanted to be when I grew up! And that’s just fine with me!

I hope the best for each and everyone of us in this business venture. May we all one day be able to do stock items full-time, and live with our cups at least half-full! :)

12 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
daddy_z says
341 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
joshhunsaker says

I do quality control, audio engineering, customer service and basic hardware repair/diagnosis for an online business.

by
by
by
by
by
by