60 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
eroservin says

Dear friends,

I am a song writer, usually scoring movies, theater plays, music for other artists, musicals… etc

8 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
christa394 says

What the heck? Why was my message removed? There was nothing inappropriate about it. Simply calling out Tim Mcmorris for belittling AJ. I didn’t swear or use profanity. My guess is he did though, because his is removed as well.

My profession is a Music Supervisor. I use to compose a lot more but time is stretched thin these days. I come on to AJ from time to time because there is some great stuff here. Dreamsfall, Palmtreep, SkyProductions, Slats and Jun have wonderful stuff, as do many of you. Keep it up!

I do wish AJ had a feature to choose(pick) the top authors other than just sales. Like Top Authors for specific genres, chosen by the staff by QUALITY . You guys would get much more sales that way IMHO .

Have a Corporate top 100, a Cinematic top 100, a Horror top 100 etc, etc….us Music Supervisors could really use that.

Your top authors are good, no doubt but they are not diverse enough. There are so many amazingly talented composers hidden under your top author which have very license-able material but can’t be found because the only top 10 you have are for the most part corporate music only.

Just my 2 cents though. Cheers.

719 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

What the heck? Why was my message removed?

I’m not sure why my or your message was removed, and while my message was lengthy in response I can assure you it was not profane or breaking any forum rules.

I do hope you get a chance to see it.

302 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
alkis says

Computer Engineer university student, getting the diploma (5 year programme) after the summer. Mostly oriented towards software engineering, DSP , and Maths. Writing thesis on Mobile Development.

17 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
S_Volvenkin says

Hello! I am an economist by profession, and I am a trader. Also, I work in a taxi. And most importantly, I write music since childhood, I grew up in a family of musicians.:)

374 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
Yuar says

@richspeller_music: Congrats on your baby and good luck! :)
@guitarjock: Hope the things will change very soon and you’ll find an interesting job and increase your sales on AJ!

I (Arina) studied piano and vocal at the music school, choir conducting at music college, sound engineering for films at the institute and took composition and piano lessons in Russia. Last 7 years I’m a full time singer, songwriter, composer and music producer.
My husband Yury studied jazz guitar and composition at music college and live sound engineering at sound school in Israel. For more than 10 years he is a guitarist in different bands, composer and sound producer.

548 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

These posts are really interesting. Initially I thought most people here were full time musicians…

54 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Germany
berlinsound says

Hi, I’m producing commercials (TV/Radio/corporate films etc.) as a sound engineer working in a post pro – recording voice talents, sound design, mixing… Nice tp be here. Steven

33 posts
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
WriterTracks says

I produce music full time ( mostly demos and overdubs ) and play keyboards for a show in a tourist area. This makes for a long day but I am thankful for the income.

On another note, I personally think Christa394 made a personal attack on Tim McMorris. I read both messages and frankly Christa394 was way out of line. Opinions are one thing but you crossed the line. Tim’s response was first class and as always, appropriate. Tim has been an encouragement to authors on AJ and helped me personally. Tim is anything but conceded. Self promotion is a must in this business and he does it well. You owe him a public apology.

60 posts
  • Ukraine
Wital says

I am a designer.

by
by
by
by
by