17 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
abbaspremjee says

We are all stuck in the same problem… what i do is some of both and keep feeding both sides of the brain… i love to write music but the money is important too… if you try and compromise you can do both… take what you like to do and make it more commercial… take commercial and add what you like to do… and smile :)

197 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
LGuitarB says

When making music for AJ I still make music I like, but I adapt the form it’s in. It has to be simpler and fit for listening to in the background.

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Netherlands
AniCator says

I’m still new here and my first upload is almost done processing so I can’t really refer to sales here.

I have a wide range of interests when it comes to music and I like to experiment with a lot of ideas and they usually work out as commercial tracks when I want them too. I just want to make whatever I like to make and I often like to mix genres together. Combining electronica with orchestra, etc.

I guess I’ll just see what happens. I’ve come to AudioJungle because a few of my composer buddies are on here as well. I will most likely be experimenting with music styles on here or at least arrangement styles. See what makes people tic and mash the ‘Purchase’ button. So I guess I’m a little sale-oriented after all. >.<

197 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Netherlands
LGuitarB says

(...) So I guess I’m a little sale-oriented after all. >.<

Well, you are Dutch after all :-)

84 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Jonah-B says

I’m lucky because I enjoy writing and listening too nearly any kind of music. In fact I kind of prefer doing stock music because I feel more at-ease to skip through different genres, even if I can’t get too experimental with them. Someone putting out albums to an established fan base of listeners doesn’t have that much freedom. If they deviate too far from their sound then they’ll loose fans. In the stock audio business the wider your range of talents the more you can offer to your clients. There’s also the fact that a lot of the artists towards the top of my list tend to write extremely personal music. Trent Reznor, Elliott Smith, Tool, mewithoutYou, Sigur Ros, Nirvana, Iron and Wine, ect. As much as I love listening to these artists, I’m not really interested in the playing the role of one of them. Too much self exploration and personal expression involved in that process. It’s an entirely different sort of beast from stock music :D

75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
wadim251185 says

(...) So I guess I’m a little sale-oriented after all. >.<
Well, you are Dutch after all :-)
The Dutch are talented it’s true! :)
698 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FxProSound says

Few months ago I was thinking that I must stop composing music that “I like” and start making something more commercial, couse I need sales. After only few weeks of compisong material specially for selling I felt like looser, becouse I lost all hapiness and fun of composing and recording. So I decided to make music that I like and I want to compece/record. Yes, I will not get a lot of sales, but at least I will be happy:D
Better not to say!

+1! If I’m starting to make music for sales and in my madness I’m sending it here, luckily there’s Andy who always feels that it’s against my nature and rejects it :D. I’m submitting what I like and in 90% there are improvised and not planned things.

by
by
by
by
by
by