• Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
jhunger says

The music I make for AudioJungle and other marketplaces is not too far off from what I would normally play and write, which is usually acoustic-driven folk/pop/rock. The real difference (besides erring on the simpler and lighter side of things) is that my more personal music almost always has lyrics, and any lyrics I write that sound good to me are typically not in any way commercial.

10 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Europe
Cheechy says

If you need to do commercial music, what stops you to make YOUR music? I work for AJ and work for myself when I have a free time. To not to feel myself unsatisfied ;)

263 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
SkyProductions says

That is the question. Many times we are drawn to compose commercial or highly commercial music, although not the music we like, even we do not like at all, but if we live this we have to do it. However there is another kind of music is what fills us. For my orchestral music, music for film, but not only epic, suspense, comedy and more. This is my style, but unfortunately I can not limit to do this. I would like to know the music that you will fill. The music would not stop if you make the pay.

I don’t understand, you want to do Orchestral music, suspenseful, epic, comedy etc.? But you don’t because its not marketable? Its pretty marketable in my world.

650 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Spain
Allegro120 says

That is the question. Many times we are drawn to compose commercial or highly commercial music, although not the music we like, even we do not like at all, but if we live this we have to do it. However there is another kind of music is what fills us. For my orchestral music, music for film, but not only epic, suspense, comedy and more. This is my style, but unfortunately I can not limit to do this. I would like to know the music that you will fill. The music would not stop if you make the pay.
I don’t understand, you want to do Orchestral music, suspenseful, epic, comedy etc.? But you don’t because its not marketable? Its pretty marketable in my world.

That is very relative, the orchestral does not sell as “corporate” or “happy” It’s frustrating to take several days in an orchestral with over 40 tracks and sell some and later in several hours to do a song “Happy” and tripicar in sales. :crying:

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

I normally make Psybient and Ethnic, or both of them combined. Some NuJazz too. It’s not something that sells here.

206 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
reubenchng says

Im a piano guy, so most of my tracks has pianos in them. Every time I load up my DAW , i hit on the pianos first. It’s time to bring out other instruments other than the piano now. 8-)

376 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
BigBouncyBright says

I think, I found a golden middle beetween the music I like and music I compose for sale. My AJ tracks are lite, guitar and I like them too, but really I prefer more emotional and drive guitar music.

borissevastyanov
borissevastyanov Recent Posts Threads Started
242 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Ukraine
borissevastyanov says

I wrote many academic (art) music when I studied in conservatory and before that. But now I write music for order only… But I still want write smthng great for orchestra (symphony, concerto etc…)

thesensercomplex
thesensercomplex Recent Posts Threads Started
482 posts
  • Exclusive Author
thesensercomplex says

The reason I love being here is because I get to write what I want. When I do try to write “commercial” tracks, I enviably fail with lower sales. My most popular tracks are the one I just feel like doing at the time. Strange how that works out, or I’m just lousy at figuring out what I think is commercially marketable. Cheers!

75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Russian Federation
wadim251185 says

When I came on this site, then poured a sad and gloomy music, because I have a pretty gray life, but it took several months and I realized that this music does not sell, because it’s not who do not need people like a more cheerful music, and mneya like an electric shock when I realized that my life is gray, just because I had listened to the heavy and sad music. Now I listen vigorous and cheerful music and my life has become a paradise. Thanks to this site and all the musicians who’s talking :):):)

by
by
by
by
by
by