667 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+5 more
Allegro120 says

That is the question. Many times we are drawn to compose commercial or highly commercial music, although not the music we like, even we do not like at all, but if we live this we have to do it. However there is another kind of music is what fills us. For my orchestral music, music for film, but not only epic, suspense, comedy and more. This is my style, but unfortunately I can not limit to do this.

I would like to know the music that you will fill. The music would not stop if you make the pay.

451 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

Few months ago I was thinking that I must stop composing music that “I like” and start making something more commercial, couse I need sales. After only few weeks of compisong material specially for selling I felt like looser, becouse I lost all hapiness and fun of composing and recording. So I decided to make music that I like and I want to compece/record. Yes, I will not get a lot of sales, but at least I will be happy:D

667 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
+5 more
Allegro120 says

Few months ago I was thinking that I must stop composing music that “I like” and start making something more commercial, couse I need sales. After only few weeks of compisong material specially for selling I felt like looser, becouse I lost all hapiness and fun of composing and recording. So I decided to make music that I like and I want to compece/record. Yes, I will not get a lot of sales, but at least I will be happy:D

I loved your answer, is what we should do all. Be happy.

How difficult is choosing!  :S
313 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+2 more
tunesurfers says

I want to make commercial music :)

26 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Ukraine
X-Hemul says

As for me, I can’t make music “for sale”. Composing music – a creative process, and it can not be clamped in the Commercial frame. :)

159 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
James-Lee-Grey says

I’m in a conveniently position, because what I like to write has good sale :) Although, there are a couple of exceptions … for example I’ve a crush on Ambient and Goa, but neither one nor the other has not particular demand. So that’s why I’m writing it just for myself :)

1013 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+2 more
simaudio says

I think you should make music that you like because you are good at it and now you seem to be getting steady sales as well :)

57 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+1 more
greencave says

I like to build on styles. But what attracts me most is composing music for film.

228 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
Alisiya says

Better not to say!
60 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in Ukraine
Wital says

I love electronic music. Tangerine Dream, Kitaro, Zodiac. I make electronic music… :)

by
by
by
by
by
by