253 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+4 more
AllenGrey says

I agree with matsteiner on the loop subject, I’ve recently created tracks to witch I had a seamless loops in wav format and when converted to mp3 they were not seamless anymore. I could here the glitch every time it looped. So I only loop as wav now.

I also add a word document with track info and hyperlinks to my portfolio, website, e-mail and audiojungle profile… so the buyer can reach you quickly and easily.

I found a video on how to do this here. Hope this helps!

163 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
wademarshall says

Do you guys think it’s important to include a wav file in addition to the mp3? All of my files just have a mp3 version.
Sure, I alsways do both, but actually I think, the mp3 doesn’t make a lot of sense even – but it’s not much work, so I do it.

A mp3 with 320kbs may provide great quality too, but it’s always depending on the encoder (which I can control by using a good one) but also decoder! And you never know what people are using and how well it decodes!

Additional the mp3 doesn’t provide always the same length, for timing critical applications and loops not recommendable at all.
Check this:
http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/things-ive-noticed-that-might-be-hurting-your-sales/69810?page=1
bad enough that this happens with our previes…

Thanks! I think I am going to go back through my portfolio and add the wav files as well!

197 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+4 more
filmTones says

wav, mp3, and a short text file with my info. I also try to put all the tags into the mp3 file (Title, BPM, key,composer, ISRC codes, link, etc) since it’s not possible to attach these to the wav file. You never know, it could be useful some day!

953 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
Kurlykovs says

Just the wav here nothing else :)

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

Here is what I include:

Main Zip
Two folders – 1 named WAV with the .wav file, the other names MP3 with the .mp3 file.
1 .txt README file including:

Track Name: My Track Name
Composer: Kristopher Fisher
Author: kristopherfisheraudio

BPM: 120
Tempo Changes: N/A
Length 1 (Full): 2:40 (180 seconds)
Length 2 (until final note): 2:33 (173 seconds)
Audio Tail (last note until silence): 2:33-2:40 (7 seconds)
Max Peak: -0.3dB
RMS: -12dB
Sample Rate: 44.1kHz
Bit Rate: 16Bit

Recording info:
Recorded in Cubase 7 at 88.2kHz/32Bit (Float)

If you have any questions or are in need of a personal edit of this item then please get in contact.
You can reach me at:

Email: contact@kristopherfisheraudio.com
Twitter: @krisfisheraudio

Zip Info – Zip file should include WAV, MP3 files and a .txt README file – If any of these are missing please contact Envato support or send me a message via my AudioJungle profile page.

44 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
MsTrAudio says

Here is what I include:

Main Zip
Two folders – 1 named WAV with the .wav file, the other names MP3 with the .mp3 file.

Recording info:

If you have any questions or are in need of a personal edit of this item then please get in contact.
You can reach me at:

Zip Info – Zip file should include WAV, MP3 files and a .txt README file – If any of these are missing please contact Envato support or send me a message via my AudioJungle profile page.

In order to learn more, I would like to ask you that: Is it important for an end user to know the RMS value? And, what is / are the advantage(s) of recording at 88 200 Hz / 32 Bit? Because, before exporting you do downsampling at 44 100 / 16. As we know, 88 200 or 44 100 doesn’t matter for human ear…

kristopherfisheraudio
kristopherfisheraudio Recent Posts Threads Started
506 posts
+2 more
kristopherfisheraudio says

I provide them with the RMS and Peak values just for their own use, I know some people including myself find it good as it allows you to provide rough mixes for video cuts super quick. For example if they know what they want their RMS to sit at they can increase of decrease very easy. Simply it’s just incase they need it really.

As for the sample-rate I do it purely as my session templates are set like that and I never get any performance issues in doing so, additionally I keep a 88.2 file for myself as some buyers have requested a higher sample rate as sometimes they need to EQ is for a particular project and you get significantly less distortion introduced into the signal when working with 88.2 and then going down to 44.1.

44 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
MsTrAudio says

I provide them with the RMS and Peak values just for their own use, I know some people including myself find it good as it allows you to provide rough mixes for video cuts super quick. For example if they know what they want their RMS to sit at they can increase of decrease very easy. Simply it’s just incase they need it really. As for the sample-rate I do it purely as my session templates are set like that and I never get any performance issues in doing so, additionally I keep a 88.2 file for myself as some buyers have requested a higher sample rate as sometimes they need to EQ is for a particular project and you get significantly less distortion introduced into the signal when working with 88.2 and then going down to 44.1.

Thank you for the useful replies. Cheers!

253 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+4 more
AllenGrey says

Here is what I include:

Main Zip

Recording info:

You can reach me at:

8-) Thanks, very helpful!

342 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
+4 more
soundtrove says

Anybody tried putting a pdf in the zip file? Just thought it’s another way to add hyperlinks in the document.

by
by
by
by
by
by