204 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
AllenGrey says

Hi everyone, just wondering what your main zip files contains (apart from the wav, mp3 files) when you upload. Do you add document or word file(s) with info on your track(s) on how to reach you and stuff? 8-)

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
wademarshall says

I have a .txt file that includes all my contact info such as Facebook composer page, website, and any other things I can include.

75 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
Headlane says

I wanted to throw in the zip, photo and demo record, but… only WAV and MP3. Obviously this can be done only by the elite authors. 8-)

566 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
Waderman says

From the buyers view it would be nice to have a CSV excel form template (AJ staff) to be filled out from the author with: Authors name, track name, short description, lengh, date, bitrate, bpm, looped, category etc. included in the zip file.

204 posts
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
AllenGrey says

From the buyers view it would be nice to have a CSV excel form template (AJ staff) to be filled out from the author with: Authors name, track name, short description, lengh, date, bitrate, bpm, looped, category etc. included in the zip file.

Great idea waderman! I have done something of the sort with microsoft office word, you can add hyperlinks to your document. (Links to website, AJ profile, portfolio, email even a follow me link). I think it’s more convenient for the buyer to just click and BAM!, he’s on your profile page.

175 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • France
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
StudioLeBus says

Hello ! Staff don’t allow .html, just .txt i think…

have fun :)

31 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
ArtMusic4life says

I load only wav and mp3. I know that you can attach a file to an audio file with your logo through the tag editor. In one of the tracks that I bought was a text file in the archive with the information.

DJ_Jean_AleksandrOFF
DJ_Jean_AleksandrOFF Recent Posts
Threads Started
19 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ukraine
DJ_Jean_AleksandrOFF says

I load WAV sometimes even add MP3.

154 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
wademarshall says

Do you guys think it’s important to include a wav file in addition to the mp3? All of my files just have a mp3 version.

1936 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
matsteiner says

Do you guys think it’s important to include a wav file in addition to the mp3? All of my files just have a mp3 version.
Sure, I alsways do both, but actually I think, the mp3 doesn’t make a lot of sense even – but it’s not much work, so I do it.

A mp3 with 320kbs may provide great quality too, but it’s always depending on the encoder (which I can control by using a good one) but also decoder! And you never know what people are using and how well it decodes!

Additional the mp3 doesn’t provide always the same length, for timing critical applications and loops not recommendable at all.
Check this:
http://audiojungle.net/forums/thread/things-ive-noticed-that-might-be-hurting-your-sales/69810?page=1
bad enough that this happens with our previes…
by
by
by
by
by
by