• Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I think it’s a great idea! A good example would be if a big company wanted to use the song in their new ad but didn’t want it to be heard anywhere else, they would definitely be willing to pay over $500 surely. And as was said before, if someone else has bought it previously then it’s up to them if they care :) Obviously I’m no licensing expert so there may be some problems? I don’t know :)

597 posts
  • Australia
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
TortoiseTree says

I think it’s a great idea! A good example would be if a big company wanted to use the song in their new ad but didn’t want it to be heard anywhere else, they would definitely be willing to pay over $500 surely. And as was said before, if someone else has bought it previously then it’s up to them if they care :) Obviously I’m no licensing expert so there may be some problems? I don’t know :)

+1. I really feel it would work. One big problem I see though is that a lot of clever buyers can actually buy a song exclusively if they are very crafty. If I was a music supervisor looking for a free theme for a show, I’d go into the older library into songs that are good but just had the unlucky chance of not having any bites and buy one of those songs. The library has become so enormous here that one can confidently buy an old 0 sale song (from an exclusive author of course) and chances are that no one else will buy the song….

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
permian says

I’d say, it should cost $2000 at least :)

923 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
permian says

Obviously I’m no licensing expert so there may be some problems? I don’t know :)

There is one problem: Envato apparently doesn’t want to change the way things are on AJ

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Europe
QAudioProductions says

It`s a good idea but not feasible because of legal issues.

1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

It`s a good idea but not feasible because of legal issues.

Could you expand on that please as I’d like to understand a bit more? :)

284 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
soundengine says

Buyers can contact you anytime for such a deal and you can take down the track from AJ if a deal is made. Isn’t it better to get the whole money instead of 50%? ;)

QAudioProductions
QAudioProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
36 posts
  • Europe
QAudioProductions says

It`s in fact quite simple. AJ operates as an ordinary market place but you, as the composer, are still the copyright holder and in fact the licence holder. Audiojungle can`t give a customer an exclusive licence because they are not the licence holder. That`s it. In the pro business it`s different. Most of the time you`ll give the library an exclusive copyright. In retrun you might get a production fee or advances and a share if the track is licenced exlusively. An exclusive licence normally you don`t get for four digit numbers :-)

by
by
by
by
by
by