• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+4 more
AndySlatter Reviewer says

I was just interested to find out how many authors are actually playing some more unusual “ethnic” or “world” instruments, like Kora, Sitar, Oud, Cumbus, or anything else? I’d be particularly interested to hear any music you’ve made with such instruments. I bought an Oud recently and I’m going to use it at some point to make some music with an eastern flavour.

324 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

Hi Andy :)

Besides my main instruments which are violins and keyboards, I play Oud, Greek Bouzouki, sometimes an indian Esraj. I also play percussion, so you can hear in my tracks darbuka, udu, djembe,finger cymbals, kalimba and so on. Sometimes also flutes (indian and irish).

856 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more

Hi Andy :) Besides my main instruments which are violins and keyboards, I play Oud, Greek Bouzouki, sometimes an indian Esraj. I also play percussion, so you can hear in my tracks darbuka, udu, djembe,finger cymbals, kalimba and so on. Sometimes also flutes (indian and irish).
Hi Marco, wow, that’s awesome! I’m going to have a good listen through your portfolio later today. I do also play percussion which I have sometimes used on my recordings.
856 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more

I also have a Bouzouki, in Irish tuning, but have not used it in a project so far.

108 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
musicwizard says

Congrats Andy !
Good choice :) Oud is the typical instrument of the middle east
I like to play oud because it remembers me the music university times.
it’s not hard to play, you should just practice more and more .. good luck

27 posts
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
personiam says

i have an asian guitar with a carved out fretboard. It gives a nice asian vibratish/detuned sound. There’s a also a plugin called knagalis which has many ethnic sounds. Nice in case you don’t have a sitar in the closet.

324 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Europe
MValentino says

Thanks Andy (and thank you and the other reviewers for your kind words in approvation messages). Greek bouzouki is tuned and played in quite different way, you can tune it in different ways. The traditional one is DAFC but ypu can have surprising sonority with DADA and EBEB. I have no bouzuki tracks in my Audiojungle portfolio, but if you want to listen to great tracks with greek bouzouki take a listen to a great record: “Creuza de ma” by Fabrizio De Andrè, this record is considered one of the best records in the world by musicians like David Byrne. Oud and Bouzouki are played in this cd by mauro Pagani (maybe you remember him playing violin in PFM, progressive rock band well known in England, published by ELP’s Manticore).

Another instrument that you can listen to in my AJ tracks is a bamboo gamelan, I don’t want to make self promotion, but you can easily find it in my portfolio, because is in the title, and in that song there are 2 gamelan tracks overdubbed.

914 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
permian says

Some years ago I tried to play duduk (kind of Armenian flute), but wasn’t very good at it )

617 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FxProSound says

I’ve used to play panflute, but my children crashed it one day :) I’m saving foir a new one.

856 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more

Thanks for the input so far, guys, it is very interesting!

by
by
by
by
by
by