3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
Elliott says

Hi,

I just purchased an item on Extended Licence. The file was Flash that is typically made in vectors and the “Resolution” was set to “Resizable”. On paying for the file and downloading it turns out that everything in the game is vector apart from the main items of the game. I was very disappointed with the author who explained that resizable doesn’t meant that you can make the images bigger?!

Update: The auother has just told me that games for computers SHOULD be PNG and NOT Vector because it it is better for the processor?!!! This is such a lie to hide things up right?

Can I please have any advice/feedback from any others here Flash Pro’s or not :-)

Thank you.

4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

Update: The auother has just told me that games for computers SHOULD be PNG and NOT Vector because it it is better for the processor?!!! This is such a lie to hide things up right?

I am not going to explain you the theory with game Realizable and the option you need to do on the making .

But actually the best advantage that vectors have over bitmaps(image type) is that they can be scaled (up and down) and translated without losing any the shape fidelity, but indeed complex Vectors are slower in performance than the same visual element rendered as a bitmap (image type).

Most applications using a combination of the two. Knowing how to use those 2 options are important as it can have a huge impact on the performance of your game.

So overall you will see better performance if you render original graphic as a bitmap and i guess your game is with IDE flash platform so in this case the dev` is right regarding performance which most game here on AD are based on image type.

I gave you a little explanation about the topic and i can write 10 pages about the subject and i am sure you don’t want to read this long explanation on the help file .

You can also have a master game making in the freelance world that will cost you 10 G in the open market ,so for $10 game cost no matter how you look at this , it’s a bargain price

106 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

First of all I don’t understand what you mean by “everything in the game is vector apart from the main items of the game”. What actually are you referring to by “everything” and “main items”? If everything is vector, what are main items?

So it’s hard to say anything without having a look at the item because things really depend, but I’ll try to explain what I understand from your message.

Obviously the main problem here is the misunderstanding of “Resizable”. What I understand is you expect everything to “scale” when you resize, correct? That’s not necessarily the case with resizable projects. Basically, a resizable project is which adjusts its elements so no “gaps” appear around in flash player area or things aren’t “cropped”.

Let’s say you have a RPG game and you resize it. As far as I understand, you expect character sprites or map tiles to get “bigger” properly, right? You see, that’s not necessary. A resizable RPG may keep everything same size but when you resize, it has more screen area now so player sees more areas of the game map while exploring. This still counts as “resizable”.

Also about PNG vs. Vector; as far as I know, bitmap datas (PNG in your case) ARE INDEED better than having vectors. Though again, it depends on how complex the graphics are, with simple stuff I guess it does not matter. But complex graphics are easier to handle as bitmaps.

I hope what I say makes sense and explains a bit :)

Edit: tsafi replied while I was writing :)

3 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in United Kingdom
Elliott says

HI,

Thank you for your reply. This has been a big help.

Although it would be great to have advice on the first and main part of my question. What does resizable mean? Because when I go to GraphicRiver and we see say a PSD file and it says that it is 1200px x 800px or some say then are resizable because they are made in Ai and are vector.

When the file I bought says it is reziable but in fact it isn’t then there is a problem with the description.

The item is not a bargain and I did not pay $10 for it I paid $50. As you know it costs $10 on the basic licence somehow I imagine you are speaking as a friend of the author (WOW!!!). The game is useless to me if it is NOT resizeable. I do not like all of these lies and the deception.

And it only costs 10 g for a game if the game is 1. made to spec and 2. exclusive to the buyer. If a game here costs $10 as you so coincidentally put in and it can easily sell for 1000 times then the author gets the same money!

If anyone (independent) can explain how this is acceptable I would be very happy. :-)

Thanks

3 posts
Elliott says

Hi Kurt,

Sorry I posted at same time!

All of the elements are resizable but the main item is birds that fly over head and you shoot them. I cannot resize the birds. It seems odd that on Envato GraphicRiver resizable can mean another thing from here. It’s rather obvious that a “window” can be resized. I expected the whole game to resize which is the case of all of the other games that I have purchased here.

Everything resized!

Thanks for you help.

106 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

Ok I am confused a little, is it clear now or you need more explaining? :) I’ll write some more just in case.

It seems odd that on Envato GraphicRiver resizable can mean another thing from here.

Yes it is different unfortunately. Images are just a single image you work with. “resizable flash” on the other hand means if the SWF somehow adjusts itself to different player sizes.

It’s rather obvious that a “window” can be resized.

Yes it is obvious that Flash player can always be resized however if a project is not resizable, then gaps appear on sides or things get cropped. So this “resizable” does not necessarily mean every element is actually resizable vector. (Though if you are buying single drawn animation for example, it does mean it is vector.)

So about bird example, as long as the background and game panel are modified to fit the stage yes, it is considered “resizable” project in Flash world. Birds do not have to “scale” along with everything.

4140 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Located in Brazil
+3 more
tsafi says

If anyone (independent) can explain how this is acceptable I would be very happy. :-)

Thanks
Man com-on bro Sorry telling you this i have no flash dav` friends here that make games and I don’t know what game you are referring, and any way most of my good friends i mean the one with brain scratch and mental issue move to TF market long time ago, but we are all flasher here and most of us know one other in a forum type of speak.

Regarding realizable meaning, if the browser shrink or start at let say 600×800 all element will move base on XY according to the size of the browser in most case none of the dev here will rescale the object if the browser re-size.

For full re-size and rescale object we will probably target each layout from start but no one will probably do it here for $10 or $50 only cos` slavery isn’t our thing :P

8226 posts Community Moderator
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Envato team says

I haven’t read the other replies but he’s not lying, bitmaps are far faster to push through games than vectors so a vector based game isn’t as efficient.

by
by
by
by
by
by