• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
unseenbattle Volunteer moderator says

Hey guys,

What do y’all recommend for doing a Podcast? I’ve used several WordPress plugins in the past, but they’ve been clunky and pretty frustrating to use especially when updating any part of the published content.

Are there any really solid Podcasting services out there in the wild web that you would recommend for a personal Podcast?

Thanks for the advice. :)

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says
Hey guys,

What do y’all recommend for doing a Podcast? I’ve used several WordPress plugins in the past, but they’ve been clunky and pretty frustrating to use especially when updating any part of the published content.

Are there any really solid Podcasting services out there in the wild web that you would recommend for a personal Podcast?

Do you mean recording a podcast or just embedding a podcast on your own Web site / blog? GarageBand is pretty good for recording, editing and producing podcasts, mainly because it’s really intuitive to use. Most people embed podcasts on their site using this:

http://wpaudioplayer.com/

Alternatively, you can try using Tumblr which gets you up and running with your audio in about two mouseclicks. Tumblr limits you to mp3 files no larger than 10Mb. Hope this helps, good luck!

404 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
JackGriffiths says
Hey guys,

Do you mean recording a podcast or just embedding a podcast on your own Web site / blog? GarageBand is pretty good for recording, editing and producing podcasts, mainly because it’s really intuitive to use. Most people embed podcasts on their site using this:

http://wpaudioplayer.com/

Alternatively, you can try using Tumblr which gets you up and running with your audio in about two mouseclicks. Tumblr limits you to mp3 files no larger than 10Mb. Hope this helps, good luck!

I second tumblr and GarageBand.

334 posts
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States

Thanks guys. I was speaking of the embedding part and would have never thought of tumblr for that. I think I still have an account over there from a while back.

I was using the WordPress Audio Player for the Podcasting previously and I just could never get it right. Then I screwed it all up by trying another plugin which evidently stepped all over its toes. And just for the record it worked great until I somehow got confused with it. I think the tumblr page will make more sense, so I’m excited about that.

I’ll go look into it.

37 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ireland
vftek says

Blubrry powerpress is great plugin, I edit alot of podcasts myself and it’s what I suggest to the authors if they have wordpress installed. Here’s how it works rouglhy.

First you need to set-up your iTunes account if you don’t already have one. Next you need to install blubrry powerpress for wordpress. Once you have that done you need to add your iTunes account address in the plugin options and change a few settings to suit your needs. After you have that done and your recorded podcast is saved to your hosting account you can add the link to the podcast into blubbrys options on the post page along with subtitle and description which is needed for iTunes. Then all you need to do is insert the [powerpress] tag anywhere in your post where you would like the player to be displayed.

The best thing about this plugin in my opinion is that it notifies iTunes whenever you publish a new post with the powerpress player embedded, this podcast is then added to your iTunes account so no more manual submissions.

If you need any help with this particular plugin just give me a shout and I’ll be happy to help you out.

334 posts
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States

Thanks vftek. That sounds great and I’ve seen that plugin before. If for some reason I decide to take the [powerpress] shortcode out of a post how long does it take for iTunes to respond to the change?

Blubrry powerpress is great plugin, I edit alot of podcasts myself and it’s what I suggest to the authors if they have wordpress installed. Here’s how it works rouglhy…
37 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Ireland
vftek says

No too sure to be honest, I’ve never been presented with that issue before but I would imagine that once it’s submitted it’s there until you remove it manually from your iTunes account. but don’t quote me on that :)

334 posts
  • Community Moderator
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
No too sure to be honest, I’ve never been presented with that issue before but I would imagine that once it’s submitted it’s there until you remove it manually from your iTunes account. but don’t quote me on that :)

Ok, thanks for the info everyone. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by