673 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
ZtarrZound says

Apologies for the old bump but I ran across what i think is a great article that speaks on the devolution of the value of music that immediately reminded me of this thread and some of the points that were made here. Great read.

http://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/feature/everything-popular-is-wrong-making-it-in-electronic-music-despite-democratization/
748 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+4 more
guitarjock says

I think prices a perfect the way they are considering the current state of the world economy. For most people, these are hard times, and spending is down. It would be inadvisable in my opinion, to raise prices any time soon. I do agree that over time, prices will need to come up in order to keep established authors interested, but now is likley not that time.

8 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+1 more
AkashicRecords says

I think that the prices on Audiojungle are ridiculously low. I can understand why certain stock sites state the following:

We do not accept any artists whose music tracks are participating in or for sale at any of the web sites or programs listed here below. We believe these sites devalue the music industry and do a major disservice to creative music artists by excessively discounting music pricing on a regular on-going basis. Consequently, we do not wish to associate ourselves with artists who sell music on these sites and thereby assist in this devaluation of the industry, and who would just end up competing against themselves at our site, where we strive to maintain reasonable and fair pricing:

AudioJungle.net

............ ..........

$70 for extended license is a joke. I have sold music for films/TV shows for prices between €300-900, so getting only $35.5 for the same thing is quite frustrating .

1049 posts
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+7 more
Sonicbyte says

Hi,

I agree with @timmcmorris in part. What if when an user gets a new paw this automatically increases its prices in a certain percentage?. So a new author will start selling their songs with the base price (14 $), but as it achieves new paws the system gives an automatic reward (besides the percentage share).

I think this could have several benefits for every author and buyer:

1 – Successful authors would get more for each sale and a greater reward for their talent and achievements.

2 – For new or less successful authors would give them the advantage that their songs are more affordable and therefore more opportunities to those seeking a quality-price alternative.

3 – It could encourage buyers who don’t want to pay that much to dig more into the catalog and give a greater opportunity to others.

And people to be honest, lots of buyers here don’t have time or patience to find what they looking for, if they had to buy a motivational song, they will buy directly to one of the most successful authors here, like TimMcmorris. Why they will spend hours searching through thousands of songs if top authors are 1-click away? I don’t saying all top authors has always the best songs for every occasion, but is more easy for people to choose from their portfolios than form the rest.

That also why is so urgent to improve the search function… but that’s another story. So I think AudioJungle must raise prices more, yes…and for those who achieve higher paws even more as a reward, but at the same time, they should protect regular authors and new ones with great songs that have been forgotten by the huge amount of new songs uploaded over them. This could increase the motivation at all levels.

Just my two cents.
Rodrigo

600 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
TortoiseTree says

As much as I too want to make money, I too feel that a strong part of AudioJungle’s success is based on the low price. I think a small hike will not be noticeable… perhaps we add 3 dollars to all the prices but 20 may become un appetising for clients.

As I’ve said in other posts, we need to eliminate the bargain basement which is robbing the authors of so many sales and just keep market prices competitive!!

808 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
Art-of-Sound says

$70 for extended license is a joke.

I’ve just been to another stock. The cost of the standard license for a logo is $5, the same as here, but the extended license for the same track costs $100, while here it’s only $25…

409 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
joesacco says

Picking our own pricing within a certain range would give us authors a chance to experiment and see what works best.

... lots of good ideas mentioned!

2678 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
scottwills Envato team says

Hey guys, closing out this thread as this was a conversation from 10 months ago. Thanks to all those that left feedback. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by